Who are we going to target for our new assistant

hhcmatt

Gentlemen, the name-dropping thread that some of you have waited for has arrived.

Throw out names, areas to recruit, etc

The coaching staff we currently have:

HC: Tim Miles: Ties to Minnesota/Midwest

AC: Kenya Hunter: Ties to Virginia/East Coast

AC: Jim Molinari: Ties to Illinois/Midwest

AC: TBD

Are we going to try and hook back into Texas? Spread out towards the West Coast? Stay in the B1G footprint? Look in the Southeast towards and cut the kudzu towards SEC country? Go international again?

Start firing

Hmm, tough question.  I personally have no real preference.  We need coaches that can teach and recruit.  Do we go the route of an AAU type coach?  Do we turn to a program like Simeon and hire that HC?  Do we go with a JUCO coach?  I am not certain I can identify a specific person...so many options, so little time.

Mike Dunlap (let's all dream a little!)-

Make him one of the highest paid assistants in the B1G and give LMU a 'buyout' home and home series. Dunlap keeps international ties in the program and instantly becomes our go to bench coach. The guy can flat out coach and recruit.

You know how every good AD keeps a shortlist of potential HC...Dunlap is on mine for Nebrasketball. Might as will make him an assistant and help Miles and Co. take us to the next level.

Make him one of the highest paid assistants in the B1G and give LMU a 'buyout' home and home series. Dunlap keeps international ties in the program and instantly becomes our go to bench coach. The guy can flat out coach and recruit.

You know how every good AD keeps a shortlist of potential HC...Dunlap is on mine for Nebrasketball. Might as will make him an assistant and help Miles and Co. take us to the next level.

Marv,

I was about to go to bed...however, before I go, can I have one of whatever you are drinking?

Marv,

I was about to go to bed...however, before I go, can I have one of whatever you are drinking?

It's good stuff.

For a split second I was going to ask how the President of Nelnet would make a good Assistant Coach.  I wouldn't trust the guy at all.

First name that popped into my mind was Chin Coleman.

But that would probably be quite the long shot.

Actually, Miles just coached with him at the Final 4, he is currently unemployed, and we pay well. I think we could land him in a second. Do we need another guy covering Chicago though?

Actually, Miles just coached with him at the Final 4, he is currently unemployed, and we pay well. I think we could land him in a second. Do we need another guy covering Chicago though?

Which is part of the reason why I figure it's a long shot.

But you never know, Chicago is huge for hoops recruiting.  Kinda like Texas for football.

Which is part of the reason why I figure it's a long shot.

But you never know, Chicago is huge for hoops recruiting.  Kinda like Texas for football.

Here's the other thing with Coleman: we didn't make him an assistant last time. What has changed that we would now?

I kinda figured Chin would be the natural pick as well. That all changes when ai found out that Hunter was credited with landing the 2 kids from Chicago. Since Hunter obviously has some relationships there and we know Mo has ties there as well, it would almost seem foolish to put another Chicago guy on the staff.