Harriman...

ShortDust

Hard to put a good spin on having a 100% turnover in our assistant coaching staff since Miles arrived here.    Assistants going the way of our big man recruiting.   Things look quite bleak again.  Maybe Miles will pull a rabbit out of his hat with Harriman's replacement, but what proven coach or rising star would take the job at this point in the program?

I bet he had to put his phone on silent to eat dinner.

Hard to spin? We hire ambitious guys who other people want and are willing to outpay us for. There are a lot worse problems to have with your coaching staff. 

We've got our stability/head coach type hire in Molinari (who also happens to be a pretty good Illinois recruiter) No doubt we're on the look out for a guy (assuming we don't already have him) that can recruit in a section of the country/world we hope to tap into.

You sound like you need to talk this over with me over a beer before a baseball game ;)

Sounds like a plan.  I am a little despondent over the last 90 days or so....beer and baseball can cure about anything, however!

Hard to put a good spin on having a 100% turnover in our assistant coaching staff since Miles arrived here.    Assistants going the way of our big man recruiting.   Things look quite bleak again.  Maybe Miles will pull a rabbit out of his hat with Harriman's replacement, but what proven coach or rising star would take the job at this point in the program?

Hard to spin? We hire ambitious guys who other people want and are willing to outpay us for. There are a lot worse problems to have with your coaching staff. 

We've got our stability/head coach type hire in Molinari (who also happens to be a pretty good Illinois recruiter) No doubt we're on the look out for a guy (assuming we don't already have him) that can recruit in a section of the country/world we hope to tap into.

You sound like you need to talk this over with me over a beer before a baseball game ;)

Sounds like a plan.  I am a little despondent over the last 90 days or so....beer and baseball can cure about anything, however!

Oh so very very true

Ouch. I guess we are not very intelligent about hoops because we've never had a reason to follow. It's always interesting to see what other fanbases' opinions are.

What was that? I couldn't hear them over our power basketball conference, a state-of-the-art practice facility, 3 players declaring for the draft, a coach who was a Big Ten coach of the year, and our $180 million dollar basketball arena.

(Disclaimer: Lobos may not be able to detect sarcasm. P.S. It was sad to see such a good season end in 2009 against the Lobos. How's that for "haven't really ever had a reason to follow"?)

Throw in penicilin and all your bases are covered!

Ouch. I guess we are not very intelligent about hoops because we've never had a reason to follow. It's always interesting to see what other fanbases' opinions are.

Eh...someone took a crack at NM hoops above earlier as well. Honestly if you read enough team forums you find the same range of guys with the same range of opinions...the only difference is which team they root for.

I'm happy that the admin on the site was sharp enough to find the proper basketball message board instead of linking to a thread on a football centric board. +1

Something is wrong.

Everyone was jacked when Miles got hired.  Jumpimg up and down when Chin was coming with Miles from CSU .  Super recruiter. Got here and he was put in charge of basketball operations and was restricted to recruiting on campus.  Excuse -makers tried to wash it off as Miles brillance because he would have contact with all recruits when they made it to campus.  Then he leaves for Bradley and the excuse -makers say its OK, he wants to get back home {he is no longer on the Bradley staff.}

Now it's a coach a year leaving.  And the excuses keep rolling in.  {I'll buy Smith heading for So Dak.}

Things are'nt adding up if you are a non-excuse-maker.

Love to see Miles take a hike.  Unlikely to happen.  Cant fire him because he hasnt been here long enough. Even if he has a repeat of last season.

Maybe Chin will come back.  Im desperate.

Something is wrong.

Everyone was jacked when Miles got hired. Jumpimg up and down when Chin was coming with Miles from CSU . Super recruiter. Got here and he was put in charge of basketball operations and was restricted to recruiting on campus. Excuse -makers tried to wash it off as Miles brillance because he would have contact with all recruits when they made it to campus. Then he leaves for Bradley and the excuse -makers say its OK, he wants to get back home {he is no longer on the Bradley staff.}

Now it's a coach a year leaving. And the excuses keep rolling in. {I'll buy Smith heading for So Dak.}

Love to see Miles take a hike. Unlikely to happen. Cant fire him because he hasnt been here long enough. Even if he has a repeat of last season.

Maybe Chin will come back. Im desperate.

Oh my god...

Something is wrong.

Everyone was jacked when Miles got hired.  Jumpimg up and down when Chin was coming with Miles from CSU .  Super recruiter. Got here and he was put in charge of basketball operations and was restricted to recruiting on campus.  Excuse -makers tried to wash it off as Miles brillance because he would have contact with all recruits when they made it to campus.  Then he leaves for Bradley and the excuse -makers say its OK, he wants to get back home {he is no longer on the Bradley staff.}

Now it's a coach a year leaving.  And the excuses keep rolling in.  {I'll buy Smith heading for So Dak.}

Love to see Miles take a hike.  Unlikely to happen.  Cant fire him because he hasnt been here long enough. Even if he has a repeat of last season.

Unworthy of refutation.  

Something is wrong.

Judas... did you shoot a 100 for 9 holes today or what?

Something is wrong.

img20052966.jpg

Maybe we can meet halfway and hire Billy Gillipsie as an assistance. No one will crack jokes will ol' uncle Billy around crackin' skulls.

In all seriousness Ron Coleman is available for hire and probably brings Josh Cunningham with him. Considering we didn't add him as a assistant 3 years ago and that he pulled in the kind of talent that got Keno Davis fired, I would be pretty shocked to see him as our hire.

It sure can

Something is wrong.

Everyone was jacked when Miles got hired. Jumpimg up and down when Chin was coming with Miles from CSU . Super recruiter. Got here and he was put in charge of basketball operations and was restricted to recruiting on campus. Excuse -makers tried to wash it off as Miles brillance because he would have contact with all recruits when they made it to campus. Then he leaves for Bradley and the excuse -makers say its OK, he wants to get back home {he is no longer on the Bradley staff.}

Now it's a coach a year leaving. And the excuses keep rolling in. {I'll buy Smith heading for So Dak.}

Love to see Miles take a hike. Unlikely to happen. Cant fire him because he hasnt been here long enough. Even if he has a repeat of last season.

Maybe Chin will come back. Im desperate.

Judas... did you shoot a 100 for 9 holes today or what?

100 in that's a good score for me after 5

New Mexico offers a better basketball program than NU historically, a local medical school, and a pay raise. Seems like a rational choice for the Harrimans and we can only wish them the best with this move. However, that Chilean fast food chicken place did go out of business down there I understand.

They still got one hell of a car wash place down there, though, from what I hear jimmy!