Jacksonville State Game Thread: C'mon Everybody

cipsucks

That was a veeerrrrrrry disappointed-looking group of Husker players leaving the floor tonight. Don't know if maybe Miles said something at midcourt after the game or what but they were hanging their heads looooooow as they walked off. It was a win in the record book but it obviously felt like a loss to them.

Miles said on the post-game that, at the under 8 timeout and with us leading by about 13 that he told the players how to win it was to push the lead out to 19-20 pts, and leave the other team feeling they had no hope and then just grind it in from there. Instead, the Gamecocks were the ones who came out punching and, well, you all know the rest. Miles called it a disappointing finish and said we were lucky to win.

Maybe that's what he told the team that had everyone looking so dejected as they walked off the floor.

Whew... got a win, that is the main thing. Was really nice to see Shields break out of his shell tonight. He could be one to help as the season progresses!! Did not like that we let JVST back into it, but it is what it is. 7-3 is 7-3 no matter if we won every game by 1 or 100.

Now lets go pick up a couple in Texas before comin back home and beating NicST. Then its on to Ohio State!

A healthy Shavon Shields from the beginning of the season and I think we're 8-2 right now with an additional win against Kent State.

That was a veeerrrrrrry disappointed-looking group of Husker players leaving the floor tonight. Don't know if maybe Miles said something at midcourt after the game or what but they were hanging their heads looooooow as they walked off. It was a win in the record book but it obviously felt like a loss to them.

Miles said on the post-game that, at the under 8 timeout and with us leading by about 13 that he told the players how to win it was to push the lead out to 19-20 pts, and leave the other team feeling they had no hope and then just grind it in from there. Instead, the Gamecocks were the ones who came out punching and, well, you all know the rest. Miles called it a disappointing finish and said we were lucky to win.

Maybe that's what he told the team that had everyone looking so dejected as they walked off the floor.

It is good that we looked disappointed in this win. A win is a win, but man it sure was a bad feeling toward the end. Hope this raisies the confidence a little bit.

Agree, CWG. He's getting his points in the paint, too. And he's going to only get bigger and stronger and more skilled. Wish we could have seen him healthy from the beginning of the year.

I was trying to figure out his size tonight. I've been told Ubel is a legit 6'10". If that's true, then Shavon has to be close to 6'8" and certainly 6'7". There was a point during the game, 2nd half, where Ubel and Shavon are in the Nebraska fore-court coming out of a timeout and Ubel appears to be discussing the finer points of the game with Shavon and, I'm tellin' ya, Shavon doesn't give up much in terms of height to Brandon.

And, from the looks of things, I'd say Pitchford is right there with Ubel in height. Not as hefty-appearing. But as tall. He's got a good 3 inches on Petteway, who is a little taller than Talley.

Back to Shavon, if that kid can add another 30 pounds of muscle to his frame (and maybe grow another inch), we'll have a power forward to be reckoned with. That kid showed a lot of promise tonight.

HARD HAT SIGHTING!!!!

I definitely saw a hard hat.

yuuuup.

Nebraska Hoops Blog@HuskerHoops

Absolutely! RT @HuskerGrl78: @HuskerHoops NOAH WEISS IS HERE!! Welcome back!!!

Carly Feldman@carly924

@HuskerHoops @huskergrl78 yay for Noah!pic.twitter.com/yQ6OzBOv

And that got me thinking, this kind of super fan (of two B1G hoops teams, no less) is someone that should be profiled on "The Journey", no?