Jerseys in the Lounge

I was lucky enough to get a tour of the Hendricks the first year it was open and was surprised by the choice of NBA jerseys we had on display in the lounge area. Some of course were obvious, Hoppen/Hornets, King/Supersonics and Strickland/Mavericks, though a Stickland Vancouver Grizzlies jersey would be pretty sweet. What surprised me was Lue/Hawks NOT Lakers and Piatkowski/Bulls NOT Clippers. I guess the Bulls still have more cache' than Lob City! Anyway... here's to hanging a few more up there the next few years.

At the time, was Lue with the Hawks organization?  That might explain why Hawks and not Lakers, but that's just a weak guess. 

I think Lue played the most games as a Hawk. He didn't play all that much in his first 3 years in the league as a Laker, people remember him guarding Allen Iverson in the NBA Finals though.

At the time, was Lue with the Hawks organization?  That might explain why Hawks and not Lakers, but that's just a weak guess. 

I think Lue played the most games as a Hawk. He didn't play all that much in his first 3 years in the league as a Laker, people remember him guarding Allen Iverson in the NBA Finals though.

Good Call

Lue won rings with Shaq and Kobe, then played in the same backcourt as Michael Jordon. Not bad for a kid from Mexico City Missouri.

And now Lue is the associate HC for LeBron James, who is also his friend. Not too shabby, indeed.

Seems like a good enough excuse to put up a LeBron jersey in the training facility. It can't be that much of a stretch from when Ohio State made a Buckeyes LeBron jersey.

Lue won rings with Shaq and Kobe, then played in the same backcourt as Michael Jordon. Not bad for a kid from Mexico City Missouri.

And now Lue is the associate HC for LeBron James, who is also his friend. Not too shabby, indeed.

Seems like a good enough excuse to put up a LeBron jersey in the training facility. It can't be that much of a stretch from when Ohio State made a Buckeyes LeBron jersey.

When the Cavs win their title w/ Bron Bron & Lue-y Lue-y, we're claiming it! ;)

I wonder if Lue can persuade "The King" to get Bronny to commit to Nebraskball in 5 or 6 years?

Hey, a guy can dream once and awhile can't he! :rolleyes:

I wonder if Lue can persuade "The King" to get Bronny to commit to Nebraskball in 5 or 6 years?

Hey, a guy can dream once and awhile can't he! :rolleyes:

You know Lebron never did play College Basketball..... So he has like 4 years of eligiblity left right???

An honest question. Has there ever been anyone who originally tried pro ball and failed for some reason (injury, personal problems) and later in life decided to get a college degree then actually compete for a D1 or D2 team? I know some have played for military teams and done this, but would pro basketball rule out later NCAA play in the same sport? Just wondering.

Yes, once you go pro in something, you can't go back to college.  At least not in that same sport.  At least as far as I am aware.

However, there are guys who have gone pro in one sport and then came back to college to play another.  Off the top of my head I can recall Chris Wienke at Florida State coming back to play QB after a few years playing pro baseball and Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State did the same thing.

Some are still holding out hope that Bubba Starling might end up doing that at NU.

Some are still holding out hope that Bubba Starling might end up doing that at NU.

I'm in that camp.  It's kind of now or never for him.  Some wonder if his style fits Riley's offense, so maybe NU is out of consideration.  Who knows?  Seems like a really high quality individual.  Never been caught in a park with a topless chick.....