Pavelka

Silent1

I absolutely love Kent.  I hope he told his broadcast partner to remember the mic is always on, even when you think you're in a break.

I saw something on twitter that made the mic comment.  What happened? 

After the final buzzer when they cut to their first commercial, he thought they had cut but the mic stayed on and he said something to the tune of:

"Gee I wonder how many people can come up and pat me on the back after the game... like 'Oh hey good job Matt...'  Sometimes I think if I just leave my headset on they'll leave me alone"

He said it in kind of a mocking tone; obviously he gets annoyed with random people coming up and making comments to him like they are old buddies.

Don't misunderstand, please.  We both love every single #Nebrasketball fan.  It's just hard to focus on the post game show when folks are walking by and wanting to say hi.  

I absolutely love Kent.  I hope he told his broadcast partner to remember the mic is always on, even when you think you're in a break.

After the final buzzer when they cut to their first commercial, he thought they had cut but the mic stayed on and he said something to the tune of:

"Gee I wonder how many people can come up and pat me on the back after the game... like 'Oh hey good job Matt...'  Sometimes I think if I just leave my headset on they'll leave me alone"

He said it in kind of a mocking tone; obviously he gets annoyed with random people coming up and making comments to him like they are old buddies.

Don't misunderstand, please.  We both love every single #Nebrasketball fan.  It's just hard to focus on the post game show when folks are walking by and wanting to say hi.

Wait what? Are you saying that what you do is a JOB? Well you learn something new everyday.

Kent made a comment in the pregame show today on Tai's haircut and basically interviewed him while he was in warmups, it was hilarious.  He asked Tai if he had a dunk yet this year but neither could remember if he had for sure.

Then later in the game when Tai got the ally-oop from Benny (and came so close to actually dunking it) and Tai was running back down the court on defense, he looked over to Kent and held his thumb and forefinger up as if to say "missed it by this much" and smiled.

Then, when Tai got the T for hanging on the rim (and trying to dunk) he looked back over and kind of smiled sheepishly at Kent.

I was really hoping after that that Tai would finally actually dunk the ball just to see what he would do.  I would like to think he'd run by Matt and Kent and give Kent a high-five.   :D

Best memory of the game today for me.  Tai is such a fun kid to watch play!

That was, as Kent so aptly described a finger roll dunk. 

Oh c'mon.  You don't both love EVERY SINGLE #Nebrasketball fan.  I can think of AT LEAST three not to love (though they probably share the same IP address.)

Red Don: If the wife has disappeared, make sure you did not nail her under the carpet!

"Under the carpet" seems like a strange place to make whoopee ...

That would have to be shag carpet, no? ;)

We're waaaaay beyond mere double entendre territory here.

And, here, I thought that was just blatantly punny, right there!

The most funny part is that this thread is "Pavelka"... I'm sure Matty D is sitting in his big pimp'n bubble bath laughing his cue-ball head off!

Sorry, Kent, I never meant for the thread to jump the rails so far (which someone on the board will probably interpret salaciously) but it is a rather slow week for basketball news.

Interpret salaciously?

You talked about Red Don nailing his wife under the carpet. 

What am I supposed to think?

Srsly

Pretty sure this jimmykc specialty is the entendre you were looking for, Normy.  :o  B)  :ph34r:  :blink:

Red Don: If the wife has disappeared, make sure you did not nail her under the carpet!

Mrs Don is alive & well as anyone who saw us at the Cal WBB game will attest (we were the one's in Red santa.gif).

(and yes, we originally did have Shag carpet in our home. biggrin.gif   How ever did you guess, Norm? ;) )

I'm not so sure about Mrs. Atskooc, though! lol.gif  (btw, what's that Thumping I keep hearing?)