Will he stay or will he go?

ajb5856

Just saw this...if accurate, I am now leaning heavily to the side that TP will need to turn towards the NBA...

93.7 The Ticket

11079653_811409575594753_556772835809153

If true then I believe he will leave for the NBA.

if its NBA draft.net its not, as Kamdy as said before its not a good source, the second round is and will be where many of the teams draft and stash, if Terran declares he may be lucky to get drafted, i think he is more a less a Undrafted Free Agent that will get a summer league invite and if he performs well, invited to play on a D-League team at best right now.

Stated again, I don't see why it's logical for him to leave this year.  There's no pot of money sitting there to be grabbed.  He's going overseas, maybe barely make 6-figures a year (and probably closing the door to the NBA in doing so) or trying to get into the D-League to make $25K for however long it takes for him to achieve his dream.

Barring injury - at worst he comes back and is in the same spot one year later.  At best he has bounceback year, along with the team, and he's still playing in the tournament right now further advancing his stock and perhaps getting him into round 1 and a guaranteed contract.

Terran - don't go!  Putting on a show on a good Big Ten team next year is going to do far more for you than whatever scenario you encounter this year!

Stated again, I don't see why it's logical for him to leave this year.  There's no pot of money sitting there to be grabbed.  He's going overseas, maybe barely make 6-figures a year (and probably closing the door to the NBA in doing so) or trying to get into the D-League to make $25K for however long it takes for him to achieve his dream.

Barring injury - at worst he comes back and is in the same spot one year later.  At best he has bounceback year, along with the team, and he's still playing in the tournament right now further advancing his stock and perhaps getting him into round 1 and a guaranteed contract.

Terran - don't go!  Putting on a show on a good Big Ten team next year is going to do far more for you than whatever scenario you encounter this year!

I like Terran but i just dont see anything that makes me believe he is a first round talent this year or next no matter what he does, but i would like him to come back to finish the legacy that he, shavon, and miles and co. have started for the future. 

Terran's game as it sits right now isn't good enough to make an NBA roster.  There are too many holes.  A late 2nd round projection is far from a guarantee he'll be picked.  Like someone noted, there are multiple draft and stash guys that probably don't appear on that list, which would push him into the UDFA market.  If he leaves early he'll more than likely end up having to go the DLeague route (or overseas) and if the reason for leaving is financially driven, it won't turn out to be very prosperous.  Especially in the short term.  If he feels the need to be closer to home for family reasons, it's a whole different story.

Draft express is a much better source IMO.  I am pretty sure I am correct in saying he will not be drafted.  My advice to him would be if that is what it boils down to, simply best call for an NBA future, I am 95 percent confident that he should come back for his senior year.  I am also pretty confident in saying there are other factors playing into this decisision.  I am not sure how badly he is even wanted back.  Actually I am pretty sure and the answer is not what most of us would like it to be. 

Stated again, I don't see why it's logical for him to leave this year. There's no pot of money sitting there to be grabbed. He's going overseas, maybe barely make 6-figures a year (and probably closing the door to the NBA in doing so) or trying to get into the D-League to make $25K for however long it takes for him to achieve his dream.

Barring injury - at worst he comes back and is in the same spot one year later. At best he has bounceback year, along with the team, and he's still playing in the tournament right now further advancing his stock and perhaps getting him into round 1 and a guaranteed contract.

Terran - don't go! Putting on a show on a good Big Ten team next year is going to do far more for you than whatever scenario you encounter this year!

He's gone. It makes no sense for him to come back. Barely making 6 figures overseas is still way more than what he would make here next season. Playing overseas also does not shut the door on the NBA.

Stated again, I don't see why it's logical for him to leave this year. There's no pot of money sitting there to be grabbed. He's going overseas, maybe barely make 6-figures a year (and probably closing the door to the NBA in doing so) or trying to get into the D-League to make $25K for however long it takes for him to achieve his dream.

Barring injury - at worst he comes back and is in the same spot one year later. At best he has bounceback year, along with the team, and he's still playing in the tournament right now further advancing his stock and perhaps getting him into round 1 and a guaranteed contract.

Terran - don't go! Putting on a show on a good Big Ten team next year is going to do far more for you than whatever scenario you encounter this year!

He's gone. It makes no sense for him to come back. Barely making 6 figures overseas is still way more than what he would make here next season. Playing overseas also does not shut the door on the NBA.

He has his mother's health issues to think about as well. It would be incredibly difficult to see her much during the season if he's overseas.

It's not that black and white. If he stays and drastically improves his draft position, he'd get a much better ROI out of the deal.

If you were going to be 24 and already graduated, would you want to stick around college for another year without a paycheck of any kind?

If you were going to be 24 and already graduated, would you want to stick around college for another year without a paycheck of any kind?

Actually, many people do. It's called graduate school. ;)

Methinks Terran may not play again for Big Red, and that doesn't mean he won't play again in college... I could see him transferring to a smaller school like a Texas Southern, for instance, as a grad transfer with immediate eligibility.

His birthdate is Oct 22, 1992.  I'm not real good at math, but I think that makes him 22.  Which means he's going to be 23.  In October.

Walter Pitchford is actually older than Terran.  I don't think he's getting a paycheck of any kind.  Well, not for basketball, anyway.  And not with money.

graduate degrees are pretty valuable if he wants to pursue that. it's not like he would just be sitting around campus doing nothing.

and it's already been stated that he's only 22, so idk where 24 is coming from.

Terran could drastically improve his draft stock by improving his shooting percentages and cutting down turnovers.

Draft express is a much better source IMO.  I am pretty sure I am correct in saying he will not be drafted.  My advice to him would be if that is what it boils down to, simply best call for an NBA future, I am 95 percent confident that he should come back for his senior year.  I am also pretty confident in saying there are other factors playing into this decisision.  I am not sure how badly he is even wanted back.  Actually I am pretty sure and the answer is not what most of us would like it to be. 

I've been wondering that myself lately.

Clearly the coaches wouldn't discourage him if he chooses to come back, and I think they know that the NBA is pry a long shot for him at this point.  But the stay/go decision probably won't affect next year's team outcome a terrible lot one way or the other, of course that's my opinion though.  I could be wrong.

I've been wondering that myself lately.

Clearly the coaches wouldn't discourage him if he chooses to come back, and I think they know that the NBA is pry a long shot for him at this point.  But the stay/go decision probably won't affect next year's team outcome a terrible lot one way or the other, of course that's my opinion though.  I could be wrong.

Terran was the best player on the team. One could make the argument that he didn't elevate anyone else's game and/or his domination of the ball was counterproductive to the team's dynamic at points...or at least this is what I might tell myself if he decides to not come back ;)

News to me.  Is this just a gut feeling, or is there something substantive to this?

Draft express is a much better source IMO. I am pretty sure I am correct in saying he will not be drafted. My advice to him would be if that is what it boils down to, simply best call for an NBA future, I am 95 percent confident that he should come back for his senior year. I am also pretty confident in saying there are other factors playing into this decisision. I am not sure how badly he is even wanted back. Actually I am pretty sure and the answer is not what most of us would like it to be.

News to me. Is this just a gut feeling, or is there something substantive to this?

There is. Assuming this is based on something similar to things I have heard. Unfortunately, they are just things I've heard so we will just wait and see.