Will he stay or will he go?

ajb5856

Will never forget that pull up three he made from way out against Wisconsin last year. One of the coolest scenes ever when Wisconsin called time out after it. The place was insanely loud. Without Petteway, we don't sniff that moment that was among the coolest moments I have witnessed.

Petteway was a big part of my favorite nebrasketball day! My wife and I charged the court after that win like we were 18 years old!

Seems pointless to have a presser at this point. Don't know what they hope to accomplish beyond an announcement and to delay announcing a decision that's already been made draws more emphasis to an issue that pales in comparison to the reason for the delay. Just my $.02

Working theory: Petteway has meant so much to this university and vice versa that he wants to the word, which I'm fairly certain will be he's going pro, to come from him through the university and not just some statement released through the U or a source. Also, he's going to get bombarded as to what has led him to coming to his decision so he might as well schedule a time to address everyone's questions. That's just me though....some, all, or none of that could be true.

At this point, I really don't care what he does.  I just hope the young man is doing okay.  He wears his emotions on his sleeve, was obviously very close to his mom, and seems like he has had the weight of the world on his shoulders lately.  I hope he has peace and hope he is getting the necessary support and guidance at this time. 

At this point, I really don't care what he does. I just hope the young man is doing okay. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, was obviously very close to his mom, and seems like he has had the weight of the world on his shoulders lately. I hope he has peace and hope he is getting the necessary support and guidance at this time.

Totally understand this as well. I respect either decision he makes!

I agree with all the sentiments of support for Petteway whatever choice he makes. I am just grateful to him for what he has meant to Husker basketball. Were he asking my opinion, I would advise him to stay at NU where he can continue to do the things he is accustomed to in an environment with people who know and care about him and can help him through the challenging days ahead. Adding additional change points to his life in addition to the loss of his mother will be a very difficult thing to do.

It is possible it was the right decision for him, but I sure question it, especially with the growing list of players who already declared.  But I will say this, his game may be better suited for the NBA than it is in college today.  The NBA has put a stop to thug defense, where as in college, inconsistent officiating is a nice way of looking at the state of officiating.