Will he stay or will he go?

ajb5856

Junior G Terran Petteway, #Huskers coach Tim Miles to hold joint news conference Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. #Nebrasketball

Just a thought....would you hold a press conference to announce you're staying? I suppose that could be possible...

Three 'stays' I can think of right away in football:  Ameer Abdullah at NU, Cardale Jones at Ohio State & Peyton Manning at Tennessee.

But, generally, I would say 'no' in answer to your inquiry...

Junior G Terran Petteway, #Huskers coach Tim Miles to hold joint news conference Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. #Nebrasketball

Just a thought....would you hold a press conference to announce you're staying? I suppose that could be possible...

Counterpoint

I guess if it's a joint presser I would be more inclined to think he's staying. Why include Coach Miles if you're leaving?

When a KU player declares, Self is almost always there. I haven't paid attention, but Im sure Calipari does the same.

There are more reasons to have the coach there for someone leaving than having someone stay.

Let's say Terran does come back. 

I don't want him as the primary ball handler on O.  I want someone else distributing. 

One of the huge problems we had this year was no one else to distribute to.  No one else willing to take the shot.

Terran would (take the shot.)

But I don't want the team falling back into the habit of just letting Terran do it all.  We need more than one player making plays.

If Wisconsin is playing a pack-line D and we kick to a Terran Petteway in the corner, Wisconsin runs to close out on Petteway, and he either shoots it in rhythm or he has the ability to take an off-balance defender running to close out on the shot and pump fake and dribble drive.

But just don't default to letting/making Terran do everything.

Of course, this discussion is entirely moot if he's decided to leave.

KNTK - Morning Take:  Petteway decision postponed/Royals get Opening Day win/Hang Up On Holstein

http://www.theticketfm.com/podcasts/morningtake/2015_04_07_2.mp3

(17:05)

Terran Petteway was supposed to meet with Tim Miles today about his future, but the meeting has been postponed due to Miles being out recruiting. Does Miles already know the fate of his star player? Also, the Royals got their first Opening Day win in 7 years with a 10-1 triumph over the White Sox, despite having some odd choices in the line-up. Is Ned Yost crazy or brilliant? Finally, Shannon takes on Lanny in ‘Hang Up On Holstein,’ featuring national championship trivia.

What a debut for Alex Rios!  Okay sorry, back to Husker hoops.  

I'm sure Cleveland thought the same thing.

Good luck going forward TP, it was a heck of a year two seasons ago.  I'll always appreciate your part in that.  You are surely doing what you believe is best for you and your family.

Hopefully Miles being at the presser will mean reporters will get to ask some good questions on the state of the program going forward.  Then we can either feel better or worse, either way, great fodder for the board!