Will he stay or will he go?

ajb5856

I would assume Pitch leaving helps are chances of keeping TP. I get the feeling TP was not a big fan of Pitchfords work ethic.

That is an assumption.

This will only help us if we want him to stay.

I spoke with my source tonight. Pitchford leaving caught everyone by surprise. They fully expected him to remain with the team next season.

Nothing new on TP.

I do want to dispel any notion that Pitchford had a questionable work ethic. Pitchford worked hard on his game last summer, albeit with less fan fare than TP.

I would assume Pitch leaving helps are chances of keeping TP. I get the feeling TP was not a big fan of Pitchfords work ethic.

That is an assumption.

I spoke with my source tonight. Pitchford leaving caught everyone by surprise. They fully expected him to remain with the team next season.

Nothing new on TP.

I do want to dispel any notion that Pitchford had a questionable work ethic. Pitchford worked hard on his game last summer, albeit with less fan fare than TP.

I have NO truth to this statement, but did your source mention this maybe being a "mutual" agreement with the staff and Walt P?  Just curious if there is more to this story than we know.

That is an assumption.

Nothing new on TP.

I'm pretty sure we could all tell that Walt didn't work on his basketball game last summer. His coed and drinking game got plenty of work. Now you can say he did work hard, but I heard differently from two different sources inside the program. I'm sure the staff is just being nice at this point.

That is an assumption.

Nothing new on TP.

I have NO truth to this statement, but did your source mention this maybe being a "mutual" agreement with the staff and Walt P?  Just curious if there is more to this story than we know.

A "mutual agreement" was not part of the discussion I had earlier tonight. However, based upon the tenor of the conversation, it seems like Pitchford's announcement really caught everyone off guard.

As far as Haymarket Husker's assertion about Pitchford's work ethic, I have been told something different. The person I talk to never sugarcoats the info that is shared with me. I have been told some very interesting stuff, some of it very negative. However, I have chosen not to share most of what I am told.

That is an assumption.

Nothing new on TP.

He told Rosenthal that he met with Miles a couple of times before Spring Break and I'm guessing Miles kept that fairly close to the vest. When did we start going after Edwards? I would suspect the announcement was a surprise to a lot of people on staff as well as most of the players. Have you ever paid attention to when Pitchford would be asked questions for those goofy half time bits?  Most times he would just dance around the questions so he keeps a lot of things to himself.

Maybe he ends up graduating and transferring to a graduate program to play basketball for 1/2 a semester?

He's talked about some app being put together in time for football. Perhaps he has something semi-lucrative going on? You can't make money when you're playing for the NCAA. Maybe we'll never know.

We need size next year and Pitchford has shown the ability to be capable of being a valuable player along with being fairly durable. Getting a guy like Edwards, assuming we do and he pans out, ends up being a good move for us. Do we think we're going to land a senior transfer better than Pitch, especially after the year we just had?  Not so sure about that.

I personally would love to land Edwards (as most of you are), but I believe we need two bigs in addition to Jake. I would like to get an incoming frosh (Edwards) to team with the group we have coming in, plus I would like to have an experienced big that is eligible to play immediately. That could be a senior transfer, a JUCO or perhaps a Europeon type that is flying under the radar.

I personally would love to land Edwards (as most of you are), but I believe we need two bigs in addition to Jake. I would like to get an incoming frosh (Edwards) to team with the group we have coming in, plus I would like to have an experienced big that is eligible to play immediately. That could be a senior transfer, a JUCO or perhaps a Europeon type that is flying under the radar.

Agree with this 100%

That is an assumption.

Nothing new on TP.

A "mutual agreement" was not part of the discussion I had earlier tonight. However, based upon the tenor of the conversation, it seems like Pitchford's announcement really caught everyone off guard.

As far as Haymarket Husker's assertion about Pitchford's work ethic, I have been told something different. The person I talk to never sugarcoats the info that is shared with me. I have been told some very interesting stuff, some of it very negative. However, I have chosen not to share most of what I am told.

I'm not trying to discredit your source and appreciate the information you bring, but unless the staff and players are completely out of touch there's no way Walt's departure would come as a surprise to them.  I'm going to leave it at that out of respect for all parties.

That is an assumption.

Nothing new on TP.

I'm not trying to discredit your source and appreciate the information you bring, but unless the staff and players are completely out of touch there's no way Walt's departure would come as a surprise to them.  I'm going to leave it at that out of respect for all parties.

Thanks for your candor.  I really do not mind people challenging the information.  As I have said before, if the information turns out to be incorrect, I will own up to it.  I only share information on this board because I respect many of the regular posters. 

As for your remark about players and staff being "completely out of touch", I can only offer what I have been told.  Evidently, Pitchford was at Hendricks Sunday acting like business as usual only to show up Monday to announce he was moving on.  Further, based upon multiple conversations I have had in the past, TP and Tai were the only players identified to me who could potentially leave this spring. Finally, it has been reported that Miles contacted Edwards sometime on Monday and stated Edwards now had an open scholarship available (I guess Edwards' offer was contingent upon someone leaving).  If Miles knew Pitchford was leaving, Edwards would have had a firm offer before Pitchford's announcement.  Those facts are enough to convince me. 

I think Pitchford is weird, quirky dude. And I base this soley off of watching him interact with teammates and others at games, etc., and also seeing how he acts and the bars (where he was a frequent visitor, and I am not judging him for this because I am also in college and visit the bars frequently).

But, maybe he wasn't that close to anybody on the team and that's why it took them by surprise. That's just my thoughts on it. 

I called my guy a few minutes ago and he said, like Pitchford, TS leaving was a shock to him.  Sorry guys, my source, who is usually dead on, must be out of the loop.  As for TP, nothing has changed.

If your source is "in the loop" then I fear the next couple of days.  It can't be good hearing of guys expected to transfer and then having unexpected ones as well.  Certainly not saying he isn't in the loop, but I do fear if he is.

I called my guy a few minutes ago and he said, like Pitchford, TS leaving was a shock to him.  Sorry guys, my source, who is usually dead on, must be out of the loop.  As for TP, nothing has changed.

If your source is "in the loop" then I fear the next couple of days.  It can't be good hearing of guys expected to transfer and then having unexpected ones as well.  Certainly not saying he isn't in the loop, but I do fear if he is.

The last 36 hours have been crazy it seems.  My source is normally spot on, and I still trust him.  However, after reading some of the news reports and seeing all of the surprises, I have been seriously looking back at all of the issues over the past season.  There were some serious chemistry issues.  Now you see two players suddenly leaving the program before Miles has conducted individual meetings.  Was the team chemistry really that bad?  Is it possible Mollinari upset the balance?  

Lots of things to consider.  

That is different that they made their choices before the meetings with coach. So I assume that they had been thinking about this for some time.

I think that Walter has just lost the love, and if you don't love playing a sport in college, because of all the time that it takes away from being a "normal" student, then it is time to move on.

I have a feeling that this is not totally what Tarin wants to do, but might be being pulled home by family or like some said homesickness.

Either way they will always be HUSKERS to me. Thanks guys for coming here and playing for my team.

The last 36 hours have been crazy it seems.  My source is normally spot on, and I still trust him.  However, after reading some of the news reports and seeing all of the surprises, I have been seriously looking back at all of the issues over the past season.  There were some serious chemistry issues.  Now you see two players suddenly leaving the program before Miles has conducted individual meetings.  Was the team chemistry really that bad?  Is it possible Mollinari upset the balance?  

I would have read Tai Webster's now deleted tweet to be one of surprise. 

I would have read Tai Webster's now deleted tweet to be one of surprise. 

I would say the longer petteway takes to make his decision, the more likely he stays.

I'm quite sure meetings have taken place...often...perhaps the "formal" meetings are still pending, but I am 100% positive that there have been plenty of meetings.