What's the story on Omaha North's Patton going to Creighton?

bkamler

I saw the other night where Patton had about 25 points and 22 rebounds for Omaha North. Those are incredible numbers for Classs A. He's listed at 6'11 and is ranked as a four star by Profile, Scout, Rivals and ESPN.

I presume Miles offered him and recruited him hard but obviously he would rather be a Bluejay than a Husker. Anybody have any insight into his recruitment and how he ended up at Creighton?

So, next year looks like another year of no "bigs" for the Huskers unless someone tranfers out. And the most likely transfer would be a "big" by the name of Hammond that Miles has shown little regard for. We have desparately needed a "big" all year and even though Hammond burned his red shirt he only played a few meaningless minutes.

Fuller would likely transfer if he hadn't already used his red shirt year but his only option is to go small school to get immediate playing time without sitting out again, so he may stay which I would like.

So we'll maybe have Hammond at 6'10 with no experience at all and we'll have Pitchford at 6'10 who plays like he's 6'4 or so, and Morrow, who is not really a "big" at 6'7 or 6'8. However, he does  reportedly likes to bang, rebound and block shots but he will be a freshman.

To summarize, unless someone transfers and Miles can find a servicable JC "big", it will be hard to watch Patton play against us next season knowing he was right in our back yard and rejected us.

I saw the other night where Patton had about 25 points and 22 rebounds for Omaha North. Those are incredible numbers for Classs A. He's listed at 6'11 and is ranked as a four star by Profile, Scout, Rivals and ESPN.

I presume Miles offered him and recruited him hard but obviously he would rather be a Bluejay than a Husker. Anybody have any insight into his recruitment and how he ended up at Creighton?   -ok...confussed...you start off with a "presumtion"...then jump to an unproven "obviously".  Has he said somewhere he'd rather be a Bluejay than a Husker?  Yes he could be choosing to be a Bluejay over being a Husker...but if your presumtion is incorrect and Miles didn't offer or recruit then it wouldn't relly be a choice between being  Bluejay or a Husker.   What are you basing your presumption and your "obviously" off of.

So, next year looks like another year of no "bigs" for the Huskers unless someone tranfers out. And the most likely transfer would be a "big" by the name of Hammond that Miles has shown little regard for. We have desparately needed a "big" all year and even though Hammond burned his red shirt he only played a few meaningless minutes.

Fuller would likely transfer if he hadn't already used his red shirt year but his only option is to go small school to get immediate playing time without sitting out again, so he may stay which I would like.

So we'll maybe have Hammond at 6'10 with no experience at all and we'll have Pitchford at 6'10 who plays like he's 6'4 or so, and Morrow, who is not really a "big" at 6'7 or 6'8. However, he does  reportedly likes to bang, rebound and block shots but he will be a freshman.

To summarize, unless someone transfers and Miles can find a servicable JC "big", it will be hard to watch Patton play against us next season knowing he was right in our back yard and rejected us. - Again...what are you basing the rejection off of?  if he was offered and turned it down then yes..that's a rejection...but that is making the assumption that he was recruited by Miles...which you haven't provided any proof that he was.   The rest of your statments I can see...but just trying to figure what has been said by who to get you to think this? 

What is that incredible for Class A?  Would it be incredible for Class C1?  D2? 

I presume Miles offered him and recruited him hard but obviously he would rather be a Bluejay than a Husker. Anybody have any insight into his recruitment and how he ended up at Creighton?

To summarize, unless someone transfers and Miles can find a servicable JC "big", it will be hard to watch Patton play against us next season knowing he was right in our back yard and rejected us.

How can someone reject us if we had no interest?

Let it be known on this board...I reject Sofia Vergara!

Fuller needs to go somewhere like UW-LaCrosse, and Webster just needs to go. That'll free us up to land some JUCO" Bigs" who can step in right away and play. Here's your chance young man to play B1G Basketball in front of a packed house at the Harvard of the Plains. Make the pitch Coach & make it happen, I'm too old to sit thru another season like this...

How can someone reject us if we had no interest?

Let it be known on this board...I reject Sofia Vergara!

Paula Patton WHY U NO LOVE ME!

I think Creighton was his first offer. he had no offers until he had a huge growth spurt.

He was already committed to creighton before we even had a chance to offer him.

Pretty sad considering a big guy is the only thing missing for us right now.

He was 6'11 his whole junior year... trust me, I saw him play

He was hurt during the summer period so missed out on a lot of the AAU games where a ton of coaches get to see him play vs "elite competition"  So he kind of flew under the radar.  CU got a good one with him, no doubt about it.  My guess is he would have continued to get more offers had he not committed to CU right after the offer.  I'm not saying he would have gone anywhere else, but definitely would have gotten more offers.

You presume wrong.

Sheesh, kamler, even CU didn't hardly know about him.  He wasn't on anyone's radar, even theirs.  He basically fell into their laps this past summer.  Long before Rivals knew who the hell he was, Creighton brought him in for a workout, liked what they saw, and offered him.  That was June '14.  Then, a couple of months of AAU ball later, and he got some attention and suddenly he was a 4-star.  But he wasn't no 4-star when he committed to CU. 

At that point, nobody of importance in the hoops landscape knew who the hell he was.

What is that incredible for Class A? Would it be incredible for Class C1? D2?

I did make some presumptions but I also asked if anyone had any insight into how Patton ended at up at Creighton. I got some intelligent answers to that question from some of you guys and I thank you. To others if I caused your panties to bunch up it was not intentional and I am sorry. GBR!

I did make some presumptions but I also asked if anyone had any insight into how Patton ended at up at Creighton. I got some intelligent answers to that question from some of you guys and I thank you. To others if I caused your panties to bunch up it was not intentional and I am sorry. GBR!

Will ask again, why is what he did incredible for Class A? 

Don't want to be negative on Patton because he is obviously a great player.  But his two biggest nights, apparently, came against Westside, whose tallest player is 6'5", according to online sources.  Make no mistake: 20/20+ would be great against even a JV team. But a 7 footer dominating the inside against 6'5" and smaller players should probably be viewed with some sort of asterisk, perhaps.   

I can't predict the future, but regarding Patton's stats, he plays on a team that would probably be 5-22 without him. Guards are not skilled, the second best player in a classic post-up player, so Patton plays offense around the elbow a lot. I think they open at state with Bellevue West, and I'd be shocked if they have fewer than 25 turnovers.

The reason Patton is rated so highly is he can not only jump, but he also gets off the ground really quickly. Most big guys take time to power up. As a result, he is an elite rebounder and shot blocker, even though he's thin as a rail. He'll be average if he's expected to be a post-up player in college. But if his offense skills develop fully (I've seen him hit 3s and do spin moves around guards to score), then he's a pro talent. Again, I can't predict the future.

Will ask again, why is what he did incredible for Class A? 

Because generally there are better players in Class A so it is a bigger accomplishment. That's why we have different classes. I'm not sure we need to have 6 but there is a need for the class system. A 6'11 player who can walk and chew gum in Class C would have an easier time to pick up 20 rebounds than the regular 6'3 post players you might see in that class.