I have a good feeling about the future

TheKamdyMan

So I went to the game yesterday and got the chance to meet the staff beforehand. I know someone on the staff so it was a great opportunity. Needless to say I just have a gut feeling about these guys going forward. Coach Smith, Coach Harriman, and Coach Miles are just plain old awesome. I can see how coaches, players, and fans really gravitate to these guys. Class acts from top to bottom. They really went out of their way to spare a minute as well as the players. This is truly a great TEAM. They may not have the talent we all hope the future teams will possess but they are special nonetheless. Just thought I'd share my encounter with them and no I will not say whom I know as that will stay a secret.

As for Oregon, such a shame that they put the opposing teams' friends and family about 25 rows up from the floor in a corner.

D2CBAD0E-5D6C-4800-BA20-043AE254B39A-5237-000004E9D140344D-1_zps86580296.jpg

Did you show him pictures and doctors reports about how tall your son is to be in about 19 years? ;)

If he grows like you have said, you will have much better seats with the other players parents. -_-

Also cool picture and I bet a great time. :D

he had his 15th month appt the other day. he's currently 35 1/4 inches tall. That puts him in the greater than 95% which is the tops they put on the sheets they gave us. We have a feeling that will continue.

As for Oregon, such a shame that they put the opposing teams' friends and family about 25 rows up from the floor in a corner.

Most schools (Nebraska included) do that. They have an allotment of tickets behind the visiting bench and second allotment up in the nose bleeds.

I guess Ive never experienced that elsewhere. Whenever I was at an arena as a guest I was always put right behind the teams bench, as well as a guest of an opposing player when they played at Nebraska.

Most schools (Nebraska included) do that. They have an allotment of tickets behind the visiting bench and second allotment up in the nose bleeds.

I guess Ive never experienced that elsewhere. Whenever I was at an arena as a guest I was always put right behind the teams bench, as well as a guest of an opposing player when they played at Nebraska.

It depends on how many tickets the team is using of the allotment and who they are using them for. Most teams have ~10-20 or so seats available behind the opposing team bench, then a much larger section up in the nose bleeds. Who gets the seats behind the bench is based on seniority/priority. I.e. if any of the administration travels, they will get a seat behind the bench. If the team brings the equipment manager and there's not room behind the bench, he will get one of those seats. If Ubel's parents travel, he will likely get priority to those seats over Meinke's parents. I've sat behind the bench in numerous arenas, and st in the rafters on other trips to those same arenas. Just depends where I fall on the priority list for that trip.

I got allotment tickets at Kansas once, and we were in the top row of Allen Fieldhouse. Almost hit our heads on the steel beams holding the place up if we weren't careful.

People keep talking about Miles being a high energy guy. But, it's not just that he's high energy. It's that it's a positive energy. At least what most of the public sees. I hate to keep knocking Danny Nee but he might have been considered a high energy guy, too. But a lot of that energy was negative. Certainly what we were hearing about Billy Gillespie down at Texas Tech sounded like negative energy surrounding his program.

I've seen both types. One of my bosses in the Army was verrrry high energy but it was that negative kind of energy. There was no dig too small that she didn't have time to make it. She was successful to a certain extent because she made sure that what needed to get done got done. But I look back at the various bosses I've had and she stands out singularly as one of my most hated ones. She was very high energy but most of it was negative.

High energy is a double-edged sword. It's going to rub off on people and that can be either a very good thing or a very bad thing. So, when you talk about being optimistic about the future of the program based on a gut feeling from interacting with the coach, my guess is that what you experienced was zeal coupled with just a general positive frame of mind. Hopefully, Kamdy, he'll have that same affect on potential recruits.

People keep talking about Miles being a high energy guy. But, it's not just that he's high energy. It's that it's a positive energy. At least what most of the public sees. I hate to keep knocking Danny Nee but he might have been considered a high energy guy, too. But a lot of that energy was negative. Certainly what we were hearing about Billy Gillespie down at Texas Tech sounded like negative energy surrounding his program.

I've seen both types. One of my bosses in the Army was verrrry high energy but it was that negative kind of energy. There was no dig too small that she didn't have time to make it. She was successful to a certain extent because she made sure that what needed to get done got done. But I look back at the various bosses I've had and she stands out singularly as one of my most hated ones. She was very high energy but most of it was negative.

High energy is a double-edged sword. It's going to rub off on people and that can be either a very good thing or a very bad thing. So, when you talk about being optimistic about the future of the program based on a gut feeling from interacting with the coach, my guess is that what you experienced was zeal coupled with just a general positive frame of mind. Hopefully, Kamdy, he'll have that same affect on potential recruits.

Norm, that is just an outstanding post. Very thought-provoking, and I think captures Miles' efforts so far.

I got allotment tickets at Kansas once, and we were in the top row of Allen Fieldhouse. Almost hit our heads on the steel beams holding the place up if we weren't careful.

Ha Allen Fieldhouse is one of those places where I've been in both sections... front row behind the bench, and top row ducking the structural steel - as you mentioned.