Bang or Whimper ?

jimmykc

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

From The Hollow Men, one of the few intelligible poems written by T.S. Eliot. Let's suppose that our season ending with two more victories would be considered a "bang" or ,more appropriate to Mr.Eades, a "boom" and a "whimper" would be going winless. Which is more likely?

Cip: Totally Senseless as far as I can tell. By the way, in case anyone is counting,the score is Whimpers 8, Bangs 2. I will count 49er's vote as a one victory no decision answer. Come on all you sunshine pumpers, I know you are still out there. Normie, I am awaiting your vote on this.

I'll be on the road until after the Illinois game so will check back on this thread then. I'll hope to find a few more sunshine pumpers to have checked in and be patting themselves on the back or justifying their choice by then. If not, I'll assume that the last few games were bad enough to have sucked all of the optimism out of the most enthusiastic part of the fan base like it obviously has from the rest of us wimp(erer)s. Ta-ta.

Cip: Totally Senseless as far as I can tell. By the way, in case anyone is counting,the score is Whimpers 8, Bangs 2. I will count 49er's vote as a one victory no decision answer. Come on all you sunshine pumpers, I know you are still out there. Normie, I am awaiting your vote on this.

I vote Bang.  I predict whimper.

Back from trip and unfortunately stayed at a motel in Ankeny which carried the game. And ,yes, I did stay up past my bedtime. At least I see the "bangs" gained a qualified vote and obviously may still pick up some more if we cou7ld squeak out one of the next two. Time to retire Raleigh who is associated in my mind with cigarettes anyway and go back to baseball since spring training is now gaining momentum like a big train.

Back from trip and unfortunately stayed at a motel in Ankeny which carried the game. And ,yes, I did stay up past my bedtime. At least I see the "bangs" gained a qualified vote and obviously may still pick up some more if we cou7ld squeak out one of the next two. Time to retire Raleigh who is associated in my mind with cigarettes anyway and go back to baseball since spring training is now gaining momentum like a big train.

Walter Johnson it is, then...