Big 10 Tourney

royalfan

Okay, I am competitive to a fault.  I refuse to give up, even if I have no control over the proceedings.  Until we lose a game when the Big 10 Tourney starts, we are in the NCAA tourney is my approach.  Just several more rounds of it.  That being said, it looks as though we are likely to be a 10 or 11 seed.  So we need to get as much power as possible in the top end of the bracket. 

The good news is Wisconsin will be there.  There is a reasonable bracket where Wisconsin and Michigan St are both on the other side.  I think that is the most important thing, to only have to beat one of them in the final.  I refuse to believe we cannot compete well with the other clubs. 

What are other peoples thoughts.  I know, many have given up so not really looking for the it doesn't matter, we are screwed posts here.  Who do we have the worst chance of beating?  And what needs to happen for them to be on the other side?  Seems like we would need two Michigan St. losses to have a scenario where they are on the other side. 

I think it's important to get at least that 10th seed. If we want to make an actual run playing an extra game doesn't help us and the win in a 11th-14th place game is meaningless. Worse teams than us have won their conference championships though that typically doesn't happen in the B1G.

I sincerely, desperately do not want to play Iowa again. I know we beat Michigan State already this year, but I'm not so excited about our chances against them in a rematch. No idea on Ohio State for a few more days. Other than that, bring on anyone. Growing up a fan of the Royals taught me to not count us out until we're mathematically eliminated...sometimes that happens sooner than later, but until you literally, mathematically cannot do it, why the heck not just win the whole dang thing.

I sincerely, desperately do not want to play Iowa again. I know we beat Michigan State already this year, but I'm not so excited about our chances against them in a rematch. No idea on Ohio State for a few more days. Other than that, bring on anyone. Growing up a fan of the Royals taught me to not count us out until we're mathematically eliminated...sometimes that happens sooner than later, but until you literally, mathematically cannot do it, why the heck not just win the whole dang thing.

I hear you on the Royals. 

I like the idea of going Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland... Wisco if we get the 11 seed.  Otherwise if we get that 10 seed... going to have to do damage the hard but easy way

It doesn't seem completely impossible for some reason even with the 11 seed.  We have enough bodies.  We just aren't blessed with a lot of gifted bodies.  But the dropoff is not terribly signficant going 9 or so deep, which is more than enough considering the energy the comes with winning the first one or two.