WBB: Game #28 vs Minnesota

Row6Seat10

Nice win.  Frankly, I didn't believe we could score enough to beat Minnesota.  The Gophers didn't seem to have much in the tank tonight.  I noticed Chandler Smith getting 7 rebounds and some nice assists.  Romeo is a gem.  

Long-term, I think Smith and Romeo will both be very good. Smith's upside is there. Needs a year to believe in her shot, but she again had a up-the-floor pass for a layup that's rare. She has a + understanding of the game.

I think the team can be pretty interesting on D next year, especially if there's a true post defender. 

Absolutely one of the best games we played this year. One of our best defensive efforts all year. The sharp crisp passing is finally starting to rear it's head, let's hope it's here to stay. Had we had this many players when we went to St Paul last January we would have won up there.

What we're finding out is when the Huskers can hit that 3 ball we're hard to stop. I couldn't believe just how open Emily and Allie were practically every time they got the ball. Great to see Miss Natalie hit those big threes!

Hailie S just continues to come up with big and crucial rebounds right at the right time. And Brandi continues to go into the land of the giants and grab rebound after rebound! That's just so impressive! Good production off the bench!

Huge win! That may have just put us in the Big Dance as an at large bid!! Hope we continue to play like this next Sunday when Ohio St comes to town. Glad to see Kalenta and Emily Wood get into the game all be it a minute and half!

ditto!!!

the team went out and did it! big time! soooo happy for all of them. as some of you may have read, i was really concerned about this game. Minny came in playing some pretty darn good ball. i think the huskers have adjusted very well to not having RT out there with them. gosh that was fun to watch on tv. especially the start of the second half. that big run took any "starch" out that minny might have had left in them. 

GBR!

btw, anyone know who planned the BTN pre-game "punch-your-ticket" skit that Stollings and minny did? does BTN help in that or is that all minny? just thought that was about the cheesiest pre-game intro i have ever seen. jmo.

even some of the players looked like "really?"

Yeah, I seen it too. The first thing I thought of was this coach must have run out of pre-game speeches and is tapping the bottom of the barrel for more. I thnk she agreed to be mic-ed up because she thought this game was going in the win column for Minny. Still trying to figure out the "celebration clap" thing. 

The Minny coach said in the post game interview that her team wasn't prepared for this kind of environment and didn't handle it at all, especially Zahui B. I'm thinking that was just an excuse to protect her star as our star big girls completely shut down Zahui B whether there was 16 people in the stands or 5200 + ! 

After the game Jeff Greisch went over to get Yori and Natalie Romeo for live post game interviews with BTN. Seeing Natalie's reaction to knowing she would have to be interviewed on live tv and her attempts at getting out of it was priceless!! The kid looked so nervous but actually when her time came to talk, it looked as if she handled it like a pro! Too bad BTN cut away after they interviewed Yori and we didn't get a chance to see Nat do her thing. She got a well deserved ovation from what was left of the crowd that was filing out as she crossed the court on her way back to the locker room though!

btw, anyone know who planned the BTN pre-game "punch-your-ticket" skit that Stollings and minny did? does BTN help in that or is that all minny? just thought that was about the cheesiest pre-game intro i have ever seen. jmo.

Yeah, I seen it too. The first thing I thought of was this coach must have run out of pre-game speeches and is tapping the bottom of the barrel for more. I thnk she agreed to be mic-ed up because she thought this game was going in the win column for Minny. Still trying to figure out the "celebration clap" thing. 

The Minny coach said in the post game interview that her team wasn't prepared for this kind of environment and didn't handle it at all, especially Zahui B. I'm thinking that was just an excuse to protect her star as our star big girls completely shut down Zahui B whether there was 16 people in the stands or 5200 + ! 

After the game Jeff Greisch went over to get Yori and Natalie Romeo for live post game interviews with BTN. Seeing Natalie's reaction to knowing she would have to be interviewed on live tv and her attempts at getting out of it was priceless!! The kid looked so nervous but actually when her time came to talk, it looked as if she handled it like a pro! Too bad BTN cut away after they interviewed Yori and we didn't get a chance to see Nat do her thing. She got a well deserved ovation from what was left of the crowd that was filing out as she crossed the court on her way back to the locker room though!

maybe the minny coach was actually talking about herself not being prepared for this type of environment? majority of minny played at the PBA last year. 

i was a little surprised by attendance numbers. thought it would be in that 6500-7000+. though, like coach yori mentioned on her wednesday night show that the 8pm start probably took away around 1500.

maybe the minny coach was actually talking about herself not being prepared for this type of environment? majority of minny played at the PBA last year.

And I don't get the she wasn't prepared either. As you stated they all played but #33

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i was a little surprised by attendance numbers. thought it would be in that 6500-7000+. though, like coach yori mentioned on her wednesday night show that the 8pm start probably took away around 1500.

Minn coach could have really been saying they were't prepared for the NU tream that showed up.

Our offense and defense were different shemes from the first game, and Minn never adjusted to the change.

And I can't imagine how they could have been prepared for what Tee did defensively.  Her hounding of the Minnesota point guards was just a thing of beauty.  Any young player would be well-served to watch film of that game, and just focus on Tee's defense.  Tee ended the game with zero fouls, despite aggressively defending the point all night.  One of the best defensive efforts I have ever witnessed.

ok, showing my ignorance - do they not have 5 second count for women's basketball?  Tee was on them so close and i never saw any of the ref's counting.  

There's now a 10 second back court rule (bringing ball up court), and a 5 second throw in rule.

The five-second closely guarded rule in the backcourt has been eliminated from the rules book.

The closely guarded rule in the frontcourt remains; however, it has been changed to read, “A player holding the ball for five seconds with a defender not exceeding 6 feet (away from them) will be a violation.” Previously, the defender had to be within three feet of the offensive player with the ball to force a five-second violation.

There were several new rules and changes made in the last couple of years.

ok, showing my ignorance - do they not have 5 second count for women's basketball? Tee was on them so close and i never saw any of the ref's counting.

There's now a 10 second back court rule (bringing ball up court), and a 5 second throw in rule.

I think he is asking about when a player 1 has player 2 stopped and can't find anyone to pass the ball to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk