Ricky Krecklow(sp?)

Huskerbb73

He would have helped a lot.  He would have been a threat that would have opened up lanes for those that can't shoot and must drive to rim.  However, after watching him get lost on defense often while playing here in Misery, not sure he would see the floor due to his defense, add in, as Norm said, we needed a serviceable big badly too.  Heck we still do.

We were more in need of a big.

I think we need shooters more than a big right now.  You can double down on a big anytime you want if he doesn't have a good shooter to kick it out to.  There are lots of teams that don't have a true center anymore and just have guys 6' 8" or 6' 9" as their biggest guy on the court.  We need guys with a scoring mentality no matter what size they are.

I think we need shooters more than a big right now.  You can double down on a big anytime you want if he doesn't have a good shooter to kick it out to.  There are lots of teams that don't have a true center anymore and just have guys 6' 8" or 6' 9" as their biggest guy on the court.  We need guys with a scoring mentality no matter what size they are.

The problem is we don't have a 6'8 or 6'9 down on the block right now that is even serviceable.

Actually, I doubt Krenklow would be starting at NU but he'd still be seeing around 20 minutes most likely. It would be interesting to see what a sharp-shooter could do for this team that's struggled with outside shot-taking, I'd imagine the 3-ball % would be significantly better than 28.7% as a team! Even if it was 33% this year, that would be the difference in at least a couple games already.

Not sure if he would have seen the court?! Lol come on... Give me a break. Kreklow would be starting at the 2 and playing 25 minutes a night

Only stated it that way because I have read here many times that Fuller, who is suppose to be our shooter, doesn't play due to a lack of defense.  As I said, I watch Ricky play chase on defense when he was at Missouri.

Not sure if he would have seen the court?! Lol come on... Give me a break. Kreklow would be starting at the 2 and playing 25 minutes a night

Only stated it that way because I have read here many times that Fuller, who is suppose to be our shooter, doesn't play due to a lack of defense.  As I said, I watch Ricky play chase on defense when he was at Missouri.

When healthy (and he has been this year so far) he was considered the best defender at Cal.

When healthy (and he has been this year so far) he was considered the best defender at Cal.

And Cal pretty much blew

And Cal pretty much blew

They won a game in the NCAA tournament when he was there.

Kreklow started at the beginning of the year but his minutes really didn't pick up until start up conference/Zierden injury.

His shooting during that time has been the best of his career.

If he had the same number here he would have played spot minutes and potentially worked his way into the starting lineup.

Would he have been able to find enough time/shots here to build up like he did at Creighton? That was probably a major factor in choosing the Jays over anyone else.

I'd wonder more about his court presence than anything else...could he have provided a calming presence on the floor?

He would have helped though who knows how much.

Right now?  Yes.  Then?  No.