Confirmation of Recruiting Success

Swan88

When was the last time Nebrasketball had all three of it's signed recruits included in the top 130 of ESPN rankings? It's a reality now--see this website! This is an independent confirmation of the success that Tim Miles & Crew are having at identifying and landing talent.

Also, the University has done a superb job of branding with that big, bright "N"--and it looks great showing up three times on the ESPN list of top-130 recruits for 2013!

And keep in mind that this has happened all in him being on the job less than 1 year. Miles is already targeting top prospects for 2014 and 2015 as well. For anyone that felt like Doc should be given more time, this should be a wake up call that T.O. made the right call to make a change and think he hit a home run with the Miles hire.

And keep in mind that this has happened all in him being on the job less than 1 year. Miles is already targeting top prospects for 2014 and 2015 as well. For anyone that felt like Doc should be given more time, this should be a wake up call that T.O. made the right call to make a change and think he hit a home run with the Miles hire.

On a similar note, John Groce has done some pretty spectacular things over at #10 Illinois (11-0) in the same amount of time. Both seem like great hires so far.

On a similar note, John Groce has done some pretty spectacular things over at #10 Illinois (11-0) in the same amount of time. Both seem like great hires so far.

That had some to do with the Illinois team quitting on the previous coach. They were a good team until about halfway through the conference season, and then the wheels fell off. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him to be the coach, but he would probably have similar results to Miles as of now.

That had some to do with the Illinois team quitting on the previous coach. They were a good team until about halfway through the conference season, and then the wheels fell off. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him to be the coach, but he would probably have similar results to Miles as of now.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Just good seeing two of the newest coaches in the B1G stepping it up.

Yeah, Miles would be pulling in the same players as Groce if he were at Illinois, and Groce would be pulling in the same players as Miles if he were here right now. Just the nature of where the two programs are at. Dozens of kids to choose from in Illinois. All you have to do is not be a complete moron to pull a few of those kids in to the in-state school.

So if Webster is the #29 PG, Fuller is the #19 SF and Hawkins is the #26 SG, then when they are all seniors, assuming we can have a top 30 center and a top 30 power forward in there, then that means we should be a Top 25-30 team for sure right? ;)

By the way, all 3 of these guys are significantly higher rated than the rest of the Division I programs in the state have signed, so that's a start.

What's with the continued fascination with Groce based on performance to date at Illinois? The comparison is unfair to Tim Miles.

The Husker job for Tim Miles has a MUCH higher degree of difficulty than Groce ever dreamed of facing. For example, the day Groce stepped onto the Illini floor as coach, he already had on that floor at least four Rival's four-stars--count 'em: Abrams, Egwu, Henry and Shaw. And he already had a Rival's four-star verbal commit in-hand from the prior coach: Hill.

Tim Miles, on the hand, when he arrived had no Rival's four-stars on hand and none committed either. He had what we now see on the floor.

Groce is sitting next door to a large urban area with many great basketball players. Miles . . . isn't.

Groce has a great bunch of players to work with from day-one. Miles . . . doesn't.

Groce has a very large margin for error with injuries to and underperforamance from several players. Miles . . . doesn't.

What's with the continued fascination with Groce based on performance to date at Illinois?

That might have been my bad. I was the one that brought his name up in the thread merely to point because I like the guy and he's shown signs of success where he is so far. If he ever did take the job at Nebraska, I think he would have been gone in 2-3 years (on his own terms). Miles, however, seems like a guy who can have the similar success and would be more loyal to the program.