uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: ed 7, vol 23 - Penn State

uneblinstu

The first half was....well...okay, the defense did fine. 

Crap, it comes down to this, we have two exceptional offensive players.  Other teams know this and fashion their defenses accordingly.  Tai played well.  TSmith played better today.  Everyone else, forgot there was a game today.  I am disappointed.

Obviously, the absence of Walt's shooting has hurt us tremendously the season. He had a wide-open look inside the last 3 minutes of the game that would've been huge, and it barely hit the rim. I love the emergence of Tai, Tarrin is coming along. The defense was there today, but how can we be so inept on offense on the road? This team is so Jekyll and Hyde, it really confuses me!

On to the next... every game is big from here on out.  How do we want to respond?

Like the "How do we want to respond?" comment. How does this team respond, the fans on Tuesday?

IDK... I worry about the fans... Its a big game on Tuesday, which might get them going, BUT we are all die hards on here, and look at the attitude on the board.  What'd ya think the average fan is like?

Play Fuller and even Hammond some minutes. Might as well start thinking about next season.  The schedule, even for the most optimistic on this site, does not allow for much more than a .500 finish.  Something is missing, post play obviously, from this year's squad.  I don't have the answer.  I don't see much post help coming in and I sincerely hope that Watson and Morrow can shoot the damn ball.

Seems like Walt has lost his 3 point consistency ( that we need badly) somewhat like Gallegos did last year!  Also Walt had 1 rebound today.

Shavon needs to find new ways to get to the rim - teams have him defended and figured out pretty solidly. 

Petteway seemed to only be concerned with jacking up 3's the first half - during our 6 point power offense period and getting to his 1000 point level.  What happened to team ball (certainly not 20 three point attempts) and the 16 assists I watched at PBA Tuesday night? 

Really discouraged and can't believe Tim hasn't been able to correct problems more quickly, completely, and more forcefully.  Future isn't too bright if we can't play well only in games sporadically - and particularly at home. 

I say we press every team on the road.  Try to get easy baskets.  At least mix it up. 

I think it made sense against this particular team for a while.

I'm not sure you can press a team like Ohio St or Maryland like that on the road and they don't make you pay.

On to the next... every game is big from here on out.  How do we want to respond?

Like the "How do we want to respond?" comment. How does this team respond, the fans on Tuesday?

IDK... I worry about the fans... Its a big game on Tuesday, which might get them going, BUT we are all die hards on here, and look at the attitude on the board.  What'd ya think the average fan is like?

It would be asking a lot for fans to will our team to a victory over a team like Wisconsin if we were on a 6 game win streak. Wisconsin is currently a buzzsaw.

Seems like Walt has lost his 3 point consistency ( that we need badly) somewhat like Gallegos did last year!  Also Walt had 1 rebound today.

When he missed those first couple it seemed like he was off for the day. It was surprising to see him keep shooting given that he typically stops. I'm on the fence about whether this is a good sign or not going forward.

At this point if Shavon is taking more than 3-4 threes per game, he's hurting this team.

Tarin had a nice bounce back game. I wonder what this offense would look like if he was the primary ball handler instead of Petteway at points as he almost operates as a scoring guard in there. Would he get Petteway and the rest of the team some easier looks? 

When in the game did Moses and Leslee play? I think it was in the first half but honestly cannot recall. I know we're trying to match up but 11 minutes seems low given their 7' 245 guy played 22

At this point if Shavon is taking more than 3-4 threes per game, he's hurting this team.

Tarin had a nice bounce back game. I wonder what this offense would look like if he was the primary ball handler instead of Petteway at points as he almost operates as a scoring guard in there. Would he get Petteway and the rest of the team some easier looks? 

When in the game did Moses and Leslee play? I think it was in the first half but honestly cannot recall. I know we're trying to match up but 11 minutes seems low given their 7' 245 guy played 22

If Tarin Smith isn't starting next game it is a travesty. Benny is better as the Energizer Benny, anyway.  Let's get it on Tuesday, Nebrasketball!