Okay not the news we want to hear.

Silverbacked1

I think Doc hit a brick wall with recruiting because, after 4 years, the program didn't appear to be moving forward. In order for Miles to avoid that, he's going to have to consider things that help him win more games sooner. JMOO.

Couldn't disagree more.

Miles has never built a program by immediately having success. He didn't win a SINGLE regular season conference game his first year at CSU. In fact, you could even argue that the worse he does this year makes it easier to appear like he's trending forward in the future.

If we have to start 5 walkons due to injury, the answer is to start scouting intramural games, not burning Deverell Biggs' redshirt.

I think Doc hit a brick wall with recruiting because, after 4 years, the program didn't appear to be moving forward. In order for Miles to avoid that, he's going to have to consider things that help him win more games sooner. JMOO.

Couldn't disagree more.

Miles has never built a program by immediately having success. He didn't win a SINGLE regular season conference game his first year at CSU. In fact, you could even argue that the worse he does this year makes it easier to appear like he's trending forward in the future.

If we have to start 5 walkons due to injury, the answer is to start scouting intramural games, not burning Deverell Biggs' redshirt.

This team doesn't have 5 walkons starting... It has 3 seniors and a junior who have all looked really good at times this year. I don't actually think there is a chance Biggs would decide to play this year, but I would not be against it if he wanted to.

My guess is that shields is done for the year,

That's some major speculating

I was basing my speculation on the only other basketball player I know of to of had an elbow infection... not to mention this isn't the first complication shields has had with the infection. It clearly is not healing right, and I think he will be out a while based on what I am hearing. I hope I am wrong though.

NU needs Parker more than shields.

Totally disagree with you on this. We need a 6' 6" body that can help score and rebound more than we need a 5' 9" guard to bring the ball up the floor. Ray could take over this role if needed with help from other guards. We need more scoring threats at this point.

Peltz and Menke will get their pocket picked every time against B1G competition, and ray is going to be completely ineffective if he has to play point guard. Ray's whole game relies on coming off of screens and shooting.

Point guard is arguably the most important position on a basketball team... just ask the lakers.

we need all these guys far more in the future than we do this year. if there's a chance of chronic injury by continuing to play them this year, it is in our best interest to shut them down (not too worried about that being the case with Parker, but definitely am with Shields)

we've looked better than expected but anyone who thinks this is an NCAA tourny team seriously needs to take a step back and look at things objectively. You're not doing the program any favors by having that type of expectation

Couldn't disagree more.

This