Nebraska (13-9 5-5 8th) vs Penn St. (14-9 2-812th) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

And I have a chance to win the lottery tonight. What makes you think this team can win 3 road games down the stretch? Because that's what will need to happen if we want to be in the discussion.

We have one of the best one two punch combos in the Big 10.

We have a team thats right there.

We can play with anyone if we actually play well.

We have a big man who can break out any day with shooting the three.

We have the coach.

Shall I keep going?

No one said it will happen, but everyone bitching that it wont is worrying.  Real "fans" never say never.  Hope the players don't have the same attitude as some one this board.

Our mental toughness is probably the main thing that has disappointed me this season. Veteran group who had success last year, and Coach Miles blames slow starts and bad games to previous losses. After a slow start vs. UNO, he said it was all because they were still affected from the Rhode Island game. That should have been a major RED flag. What did they think, they were going to win them all? It's not like in football, where the Rhode Island game knocked them out of the BCS playoff....but they acted like it. Then when we lost to Incarnate Word, Miles said it's because of the Creighton game still affecting us. Got to have short memories.

Agree. We are very fragile mentally.

And I have a chance to win the lottery tonight. What makes you think this team can win 3 road games down the stretch? Because that's what will need to happen if we want to be in the discussion.

We have the coach.

Shall I keep going?

No one said it will happen, but everyone bitching that it wont is worrying.  Real "fans" never say never.  Hope the players don't have the same attitude as some one this board.

Agreed, but most of those are based on "If's" and this season, they have been BIG IFS and it just isn't happening.  But I'm still going to go to the remaining games and lose my voice cheering them on.

We have the coach.

Shall I keep going?

Agreed, but most of those are based on "If's" and this season, they have been BIG IFS and it just isn't happening.  But I'm still going to go to the remaining games and lose my voice cheering them on.

Exactly.... the only way we make the dance is IF we win our remaining games.  I said that the whole time

So then...afther all that why do we play so poorly on the road? Why can't this team score over 50 on the road? Sorry I'm not a "real" fan because the odds are far far far more in the favor of us finishing 7-11 rather than 11-7. Maybe just maybe this team would play better if they got the NCAA out of their mind and just went out and played?

I don't mean to be a "nattering nabob of negativism" but this team isn't beating Wiscy at home and is not going to win any of the remaining road games.  With that being said, start giving Fuller and Hammond some minutes to develop.  The future is a little blurry because we still will not have a post presence next season.  This team is not even NIT bound.  A .500 record is in the works.  

With that being said, I'm not down on the program but some shake ups need to be made.

I think 8-10 should get us to the NIT. Anything less will not. (last year illinois w/ a 7-11 conf record, 19-14 (before the NIT) got in, but they went 11-2 in the non-con and had a W against a ranked team. indiana had a 7-11 conf record, 17-15 record and did not get in the NIT. They went 10-3 in the non-con and did not have a B1G tourney win.)

The problem is finding which games this team can win. currently 5-6, and the last 7 games: wisc, @purdue, md, iowa, @osu, @ill, md

iowa looks like the easiest and its at home. this team will get destroyed facing maryland on the road, but its hard to beat a team twice in a season, and we get one more shot at home on senior day. That MD game at home is the 2nd easiest.

i think illinois at home is slightly winnable. at home they lost to IU by 6 and barely beat PSU. we would beat PSU 10+ at home and we also lost to IU by 5. I'd guess this would be the 3rd easiest game.

very little shot we beat those 4 other teams: purdue, md, osu on the road and wisc at home. Hope we go 3-4 in this final stretch to get to the NIT.