Lee B with an excellent article on Terran Pettaway

imnothipp

Very well written. I think that a lot of people that have trouble with Terran don't understand how the game has changed. When I was growing up most teams had balanced scoring and everybody was all in for the team.

That doesn't mean we didn't have guys who would average large amount they just weren't many of them. So some of us older guys see Terran as somebody who isn't a team player if he was he won't take so many shot, ect...

We also aren't in the huddle, or in the gym or around these guys it is just how we see things from afar. I think it is kind of an age think to some point. I know guys who thought Jordan wasn't much of a team player. You know not in the 60's Celtic kind of way.

Just my thinking on it and I could be waaaaaayyyyyyy off on this.

I have probably given petteway more earnest $#!+ than anyone on the board. I still grown audibly when he jacks up an ill advised shot. (and they still go in sometimes).

But I hope that he comes back for his senior season. He is currently the heart and soul of this team (more importantly last years).

Next year he has a chance to become easily the most important player in nebrasketball history.

I would love to see Petteway, Shields, and White on the floor at the same time. Just don't think it will happen And I also will commend Barfy for writing a good feature that some of his collegues on the OWH might characterize as a "puff piece". I hope our game plan for Penn State involves having Petteway score more than eight points.

He may be the most talented player through our doors when you look at his all-around play.  He is certainly in the discussion.  If he stays next year and if he once again elevates his game, I will be hard pressed not to pick him as the best...

Strick, Lue, Pike, Hoppen, Jura, Lantz, Fort, Petteway, Chalk...again, he certainly is in the discussion.

I would love to see Petteway, Shields, and White on the floor at the same time. Just don't think it will happen And I also will commend Barfy for writing a good feature that some of his collegues on the OWH might characterize as a "puff piece". I hope our game plan for Penn State involves having Petteway score more than eight points.

Walter Sobchak - great job Jimmy!!!

Walter Sobchak - great job Jimmy!!!

Remember nustudent's sig line?  "This isn't Nam, this is bowling, there are rules."

I saw someone tweet and Lee retweeted it (Can't post it here because I'm on my iPhone, I believe, Dimes?) but that "you should look no further than his reactions to teammates after big shots, always so excited!" And I think that's a huge point, everything he does looks so emotional, if he missed a shot he is going to be me at himself, no one else, but everyone in the place is going to know he is upset. On the other hand when something goes right you are going to see his emotions about it as well.

As many have stated before he shows his emotions on his sleeve, it can be a great thing when good things are happening, but a bad thing when we aren't playing well, but he is a great teammate and is great for the team

When he's gone more people will realize they were watching one of the best players in Nebraska basketball history

I am not sure about that. If he goes pro he will be remembered like randy gregory. A great player who was a shooting star who never quite fulfilled his potential. especially if Watson white and marrow lead us to an ncaa win next year.

If petteway leaves early without an ncaa he will forever have unfinished business in my opinion.

I am not sure about that. If he goes pro he will be remembered like randy gregory. A great player who was a shooting star who never quite fulfilled his potential. especially if Watson white and marrow lead us to an ncaa win next year.

Or maybe if he leaves early he will be remembered like Taylor Martinez: big numbers with few championship-like wins

Perhaps he will serve as someone for people to compare future basketball players to who is a basketball player.

Or maybe if he leaves early he will be remembered like Taylor Martinez: big numbers with few championship-like wins

Perhaps he will serve as someone for people to compare future basketball players to who is a basketball player.

The JaRon Boone comparison is intriguing in talent alone. Not sure JaRon ever fulfilled the work ethic & leadership that Terran has obviously displayed...

When he's gone more people will realize they were watching one of the best players in Nebraska basketball history

Same was said about Aleks Maric, and couldn't be more true now. He was dogged on most of his career for not being able to hit 3-footers consistently. Yet still would score 20 or even 30 in games. Where would this team be with Aleks Maric in the post right now? A top 15 team most likely. 

Same was said about Aleks Maric, and couldn't be more true now. He was dogged on most of his career for not being able to hit 3-footers consistently. Yet still would score 20 or even 30 in games. Where would this team be with Aleks Maric in the post right now? A top 15 team most likely. 

Not too sure about the top 15 part. Rebounding on both ends of the court would be better, no doubt about that...

As Petteway considers his future next year, one wonders how much of a contributing factor the new players will be to his decision.  If it indeed turns out,as we hope, that we've improved our talent, would he be better served to leave after this year, than potentially drop off in scoring?

As Petteway considers his future next year, one wonders how much of a contributing factor the new players will be to his decision.  If it indeed turns out,as we hope, that we've improved our talent, would he be better served to leave after this year, than potentially drop off in scoring?

Winning will get you more attention than just individual scoring.  My guess is Terran would trade a Big 10 scoring title to get a win in the NCAA tournament.  I would think with the talent next year would make him want to stay and play with better players.  He will still get his points and we could be more competitive.  Terran is more concerned with winning than he is his scoring average.