WBB: Game #22 @ Rutgers

Row6Seat10

It was hard for the girls last night. Those Rutger girls were beasts down there. If you would of seen those 28 shots. Quite a few of them were wide open shots for T. They just didn't let anyone get in the lane what so ever. We had so many open shots from outside but we just couldn't hit them. Other than T missing a few shots Romero was 0 of 9 and she to probably half of her shots were open shots. They just didn't fall. I thought the girls played a heck of a game we just couldn't get our shots to fall from the outside.

Cady and Sample were beasts though they fought hard for a lot of rebounds and won their fair share of the battles for rebounds but right away I could see that the Rutger girls were way bigger and more powerful.. Even though we lost I still think it was a win to only lose by 3 with Theriot out and T shooting 28 times with only 16 points from it.

It was a tough game, and I was unaware that Theriot wasn't playing until I tuned in right at 6 p.m.  I had a horrible sinking feeling, which got even worse after the first 4 minutes, but then I think once the girls sort of figured it out without Theriot, they chipped away.  It was good to see that, especially coming from the younger girls.  Still would have liked to have seen Kalenta in the game.  I just have a bad feeling I will be watching a year from now still wondering why she is on the bench.  Rutgers really tried to give this game to us, but we just couldn't find the basket.

So does anybody think Yori is the coach to take Nebraska to National title status? Yori is good coach but is she a great one? No doubt she's the best ever at Nebraska but can she take Nebraska any further?

Connie Yori knows what she is doing. It would be difficult to get anyone better at NU. The name of the game is recruiting.  I'm not sure we will ever have the talent of Maryland, UConn, Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina, Baylor or Stanford.  The big dogs in women's BB are a cut above.  If we can build around a healthy Shepard, then we might challenge nationally.  

So does anybody think Yori is the coach to take Nebraska to National title status? Yori is good coach but is she a great one? No doubt she's the best ever at Nebraska but can she take Nebraska any further?

Connie Yori knows what she is doing. It would be difficult to get anyone better at NU. The name of the game is recruiting.  I'm not sure we will ever have the talent of Maryland, UConn, Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina, Baylor or Stanford.  

Probably not, no, but if Nebraska had landed White and Shepard in back-to-back years, that's an excellent talent base from which to work.