TP tonight

jason2486

I get so sick and tired of fans ragging on TP.  The guy is a freaking stud!!  Look how many times he is asked to bale us out with tough shots too.  And still before last night he was shooting 51% on 2's and 36% on 3's!  He may take some bonehead shots, but at the same time he makes a ton of those tough shots.  For years and years and years NU fans have bitched and moaned about not having that "go to" guy and now we do and some fans aren't happy. 

I wanted to wait to post for awhile as I knew in typical message board form that some fans (that never post here) would come on this board and rip the team to pieces after last night.  Typical.  We have such a "football" fan base that has no idea how to cheer for NU basketball at times and it can drive me nuts.  We are an "NCAA team" after 1 win, and a "CBI" team after 1 loss.  This isn't football where you play 10-11 games.  You play 30 games a year and are going to lose some games you shouldn't, win some that people don't think you should either.  The key is to hopefully not dwell on it as a team and try and bounce back.  The thing a lot of people forget come NCAA tourney time is that its a long season.  Other teams are going to lose games and move on and off the bubble.  NOBODY knows for sure what the magic # is to get to the NCAA tourney because teams are winning/losing on a nightly basis in bball. 

Let's move on to Minnesota, hopefully get a win and get back on track.

Nicely done bball

I get so sick and tired of fans ragging on TP. The guy is a freaking stud!! Look how many times he is asked to bale us out with tough shots too. And still before last night he was shooting 51% on 2's and 36% on 3's! He may take some bonehead shots, but at the same time he makes a ton of those tough shots. For years and years and years NU fans have bitched and moaned about not having that "go to" guy and now we do and some fans aren't happy.

I wanted to wait to post for awhile as I knew in typical message board form that some fans (that never post here) would come on this board and rip the team to pieces after last night. Typical. We have such a "football" fan base that has no idea how to cheer for NU basketball at times and it can drive me nuts. We are an "NCAA team" after 1 win, and a "CBI" team after 1 loss. This isn't football where you play 10-11 games. You play 30 games a year and are going to lose some games you shouldn't, win some that people don't think you should either. The key is to hopefully not dwell on it as a team and try and bounce back. The thing a lot of people forget come NCAA tourney time is that its a long season. Other teams are going to lose games and move on and off the bubble. NOBODY knows for sure what the magic # is to get to the NCAA tourney because teams are winning/losing on a nightly basis in bball.

I think most fans are upset at what looked to be a lack of effort. Miles and Benny said they lacked effort in the game. That is why I am disappointed in the game last night. This team is lacking in major areas (a shooter, a post player, etc). We all know this teams limitations. When you give a crappie effort in the one area you hang your hat on, 14 point losses to undermanned teams will happen.

I get so sick and tired of fans ragging on TP. The guy is a freaking stud!! Look how many times he is asked to bale us out with tough shots too. And still before last night he was shooting 51% on 2's and 36% on 3's! He may take some bonehead shots, but at the same time he makes a ton of those tough shots. For years and years and years NU fans have bitched and moaned about not having that "go to" guy and now we do and some fans aren't happy.

I wanted to wait to post for awhile as I knew in typical message board form that some fans (that never post here) would come on this board and rip the team to pieces after last night. Typical. We have such a "football" fan base that has no idea how to cheer for NU basketball at times and it can drive me nuts. We are an "NCAA team" after 1 win, and a "CBI" team after 1 loss. This isn't football where you play 10-11 games. You play 30 games a year and are going to lose some games you shouldn't, win some that people don't think you should either. The key is to hopefully not dwell on it as a team and try and bounce back. The thing a lot of people forget come NCAA tourney time is that its a long season. Other teams are going to lose games and move on and off the bubble. NOBODY knows for sure what the magic # is to get to the NCAA tourney because teams are winning/losing on a nightly basis in bball.

Bingo!! Can't appreciate this post enough! This board isn't near as bad as football dominated boards. You lose and we move on.. Do people not realize how special last year was and the hot streak we were on? We surprised a ton of teams and now we have to change things up and we aren't quite there yet. It'll come be patient.

It might be true that the roller coaster ride will continue, the problem for Nebraska is that Crayton, Incarnate Word & Hawai'i are already in the 'bad loss' category; thus, the Huskers need to win a lot of matchups that are on the road & against great competition. It'll be a rough road to greatness, but the only way to find out is to COMPETE your tails off, Husker hoopsters!