Walt needs to sit his butt on the bench

Section_316

This was the kind of game where if the coach decided to bench the top 8 players and let the scrubs play the rest of the night I would have fully supported it.  They played with no fire.  The ESPN color guy said it spot on when he said we weren't playing hard enough, as if making shots dictated how hard we played.

Which is weird.  Because our shots NEVER fall.  We usually have some fire on defense.  Tonight, we let Michigan do whatever the hell they wanted.  If they wanted a wide open 3, we left them open.  If they wanted a dunk, we let the guy drive by us, and dish to a guy under the basket.  If they wanted a jump shot, they got a jump shot.

That Walt has played bad enough to have me supporting this thread is mind blowing. He needs to get right. And he needs to get right on the bench. What, he has two technicals, an ejection and at least another no-show in eight league games. In the words of Norman Dale, "Where you going?" "We gotta have five out there." "Sit down. SIT DOWN."

That Walt has played bad enough to have me supporting this thread is mind blowing. He needs to get right. And he needs to get right on the bench. What, he has two technicals, an ejection and at least another no-show in eight league games. In the words of Norman Dale, "Where you going?" "We gotta have five out there." "Sit down. SIT DOWN."

Speaking of the Hoosiers reference, Tony, did you see the recent article about the museum in Milan about the '54 State champs?   Also has a lot of movie artifacts. It is on my list to visit.  In the short term, it is struggling, so I am sending a donation.  Good article; it was linked in a recent Chatelain Mad Chatter column. 

Bobby Plump is now 78. Wonder if he shows up at the museum on occasions. Another fun fact about Hoosiers is that the actor playing Chitwood didn't play HS basketball but did make the golf team at Purdue and was a pro golfer for awhile. I also noted that Gene Hackman was cited for slapping a homeless man in New Mexico where he now lives, so Coach Dale obviously still has some anger management issues.

Bobby Plump is now 78. Wonder if he shows up at the museum on occasions. Another fun fact about Hoosiers is that the actor playing Chitwood didn't play HS basketball but did make the golf team at Purdue and was a pro golfer for awhile. I also noted that Gene Hackman was cited for slapping a homeless man in New Mexico where he now lives, so Coach Dale obviously still has some anger management issues.

Bobby was listed as a donor to the museum.  Also, groups who donate can arrange to have a player from the team speak at an event.

Haven't heard from Tony yet.  My guess is he is already in his car, headed East to Milan.

I would prefer that Walt shoot whenever he is open.  Even though he has been off, he is still one of our best (if not our best) pure shooter. He could get hot at any time.   Last year he led the entire team in 3 point shooting percentage (over 40%).  He won the 3 point shooting contest.  That wasn't an accident. If Walt refuses to shoot when he is open (I hate the pump fake when he is wide open and could just catch and shoot), then he should sit and Leslee should play instead.  If WP isn't scoring, then it is hard to justify his minutes.  If he is going to play starters minutes, then he should shoot at least 10 times per game IMO.  If he won't shoot, then he shouldn't play.

Speaking of the Hoosiers reference, Tony, did you see the recent article about the museum in Milan about the '54 State champs?   Also has a lot of movie artifacts. It is on my list to visit.  In the short term, it is struggling, so I am sending a donation.  Good article; it was linked in a recent Chatelain Mad Chatter column. 

I have already been there. :rolleyes: Milan is a neat little town. Been there twice when work took me that way. I actually went to a sectional championship game in Milan circa 2003 or so. Was at the museum in early 2013; a very neat place that I hope they can preserve. I bought about $50 worth of stuff. I've also been to New Richmond (the actual town of Hickory in the movie), Butler Fieldhouse (for fun and a game; Xavier, Butler), Memory Hall where Rick Mount played HS hoops (which is in Lebanon, they shot the sectional finals there when Ollie hit the FTs) and the the church that was the town hall where Norman was saved. All of these within 45 minutes of Indianapolis (except Milan) as is Hoosier Gym.

I have already been there. :rolleyes: Milan is a neat little town. Been there twice when work took me that way. I actually went to a sectional championship game in Milan circa 2003 or so. Was at the museum in early 2013; a very neat place that I hope they can preserve. I bought about $50 worth of stuff. I've also been to New Richmond (the actual town of Hickory in the movie), Butler Fieldhouse (for fun and a game; Xavier, Butler), Memory Hall where Rick Mount played HS hoops (which is in Lebanon, they shot the sectional finals there when Ollie hit the FTs) and the the church that was the town hall where Norman was saved. All of these within 45 minutes of Indianapolis (except Milan) as is Hoosier Gym.

You just provided the format for an epic road trip!  I will do this.

Sorry to hijack the Walt thread, but this is good stuff.