Feb. 15: at Purdue, 4:15 p.m. (BTN)-LOST

Feb. 19: at Maryland, 6 p.m. (BTN)-LOST
Feb. 22: Iowa, TBA (CBS/BTN)-WIN
Feb. 26: at Ohio State, 6 p.m. (ESPN)- LOST
March 4: at Illinois, 9 p.m. (BTN)-WIN
March 8: Maryland, TBA (CBS/BTN)-WIN

HUSKERS FINISH - 20-10 REGULAR SEASON

BIG TEN CONFRENCE RECORD-  12-6

DO WE GO DANCING OR NOT WITH THIS RECORD??????

With that record, I think we'd need to win no more than 1 game in the Big Ten Tourney.  That might be enough to do it.  But I don't think we're in the midst of a 7-game winning streak.  I think if we lose at PSU, winning at home against Wisconsin is more likely.  If Wisconsin comes to town with us riding a 6-game streak, I'm sorry but I think the streak would end right there.

Having said that, I think the next 4 games are winnable and we very well could go into the Wisconsin rematch on the heels of a 6-game winning streak. 

If we win the next three, lose at PSU but then come home and beat Wisconsin and everything else finishes the way you have it down, we're 11-7 in conference and basically just like last year.  Except with a couple of bad losses in the OOC.

I think anything short of 20 wins and we're going to have to win something in the conference tourney.

Yes, we are in with a 20-10 record, and 12-6 in a conference like the Big 10.  In that scenario, we finish top 5 or 6 and most likely would be a right side of the bubble team, much like last year, and probably be a first 4 game IF we lost the first game of the B1G Tournie.

Under your scenario, we would have wins over Michigan State, Maryland, and Wisconsin and some road wins in the conference which I feel would put us in even with those bad OOC losses.

As of today, we are not in anyones brackets on bracket matrix, and are only in 1 "list of other contenders"  It is safe to say that we have a long ways to go, but also safe to say that a few wins this week could change some of that, and we may be included in a few next four outs come next week.  Thought this article was interesting take, and a good look at the weekend of winners and losers.

http://www.syracuse.com/patrick-stevens/index.ssf/2015/01/bracketology_weekend_risers_an_2.html

11-7 we are IN no matter what especially if those 11 wins include Maryland and Wisconsin. No doubt we are in at 11-7. Plus we would get a first round bye in BIG tourney. Now if we ended with 10-8 or 9-9 in the conference than a Big Ten tourney title win would be required to reach the NCAA.

Can't see that happening in combination with the Creighton/Incarnate Word fiascos.  And where does the Big Ten rank as a conference in comparison to last year.  Aren't we a little bit down?

A lot of this all depends on what other teams do as well.  If we get to 11-7 I think we are in, even with the Incarnate Word and CU awful losses.

We have to remember that other "bubble" teams are going to lose games in the next month and a half.  Not only that, some teams will work their way from being "in" onto the bubble.  

Obviously as NU fans we just want the Huskers to keep winning, but its also fun to follow other teams as well that need good wins.  Everyday they are giving a list of teams that "need" wins and can't "afford" losses.  But in the big picture, you just never know.  Sure a win vs Michigan would be awesome, and some may put us closer to the bubble, but then say a week from now we blow a game we shouldn't and we are right back off.

I love this time of year though.  I love watching our Huskers play and at the same time watching others play.

For example, a team like Syracuse playing @UNC tonight, we do NOT want Syracuse to win that game as they will end up being a bubble team or just out by the end of the year if they keep losing.  A win @UNC looks very good on the resume.

The good/bad thing about our upcoming schedule is that it's not easy as in addition to the bad RPI loses we have just one road win and it's not very impressive.

If we lose to Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Maryland x 2 we probably need to win the rest. Winning at OSU or Maryland gives us a lot better chance making the tourney at 11-7. It's real hard to see 10-8 being good enough unless we 3-4 of our 4 hardest remaining games.

Wish I was as confident as many of you guys in these next two.  We are going to people significant underdogs in both.  Realistically we would be doing very well to get one. That damn Indiana game is one I would like to have back. 

While both seem vulnerable, we have yet to play either of them within 10 points on the road since joining the conference.

Wish I was as confident as many of you guys in these next two.  We are going to people significant underdogs in both.  Realistically we would be doing very well to get one. That damn Indiana game is one I would like to have back. 

While both seem vulnerable, we have yet to play either of them within 10 points on the road since joining the conference.

Well, Nebraska has beaten Minny three straight times (in Lincoln)... and, the Huskers owe the Wolverines after last year's close loss in Lincoln. But, yeah, never easy to get ANY victory on the road in the Big Ten!

I hate it when we get all optimistic and pumped up as a fan base. We are just setting ourselves up for laying the proverbial egg. I much prefer the cynical wise ass approach which allows a momentary afterglow when we improbably get a victory. With that in mind, I'll expect Michigan to win by thirty and Spike Albrecht to burn us with at least seven three pointers.

I hate it when we get all optimistic and pumped up as a fan base. We are just setting ourselves up for laying the proverbial egg. I much prefer the cynical wise ass approach which allows a momentary afterglow when we improbably get a victory. With that in mind, I'll expect Michigan to win by thirty and Spike Albrecht to burn us with at least seven three pointers.

I like your thought process.

My philosophy is that being pessimistic means you are almost assured of never being dissapointed. :)

Roller coaster ride as college basketball is like that in A LOT of places. Nebraska is no different. I, for one, will not give up on this team; I'd imagine that this team will not give up on each other over 1 poor game at a place they've performed poorly previously. It's going to be a wild ride.... Hold on firmly.