"Are you helping us win?"

uneblinstu

Anyone see the Journey the other day? It closed in NU's locker room after the Iowa. It's pin drop silent. Coach said he's sick of losing. When they're sick of losing, they'll make winning plays. Point blank asked Tai if he was helping us win. Tai said he could and that they needed to see it. Kinda surprised to see him call out Tai (and he called out Rivers too) with the cameras in the room like that. 

Miles has set Pitchford aside before. I remember reading about how Miles brought him into the office and said 'what have you been doing for the team? You have been shooting, but haven't done much for the team on defense' (paraphrased). I think this was just an addendum of that discussion to ask Pitchford whether he has bought in to the system or not.

coach Miles going to ask this question to Dave tonight again?  

He had a tooooough assignment tonight. Going back and forth between Hayes, Kaminsky and Dekker is going to make life rough for anybody.

I am a big supporter of our glue players...both David and Benny.  But they had bad games tonight.  David looked slow tonight.  I am sure there may be reasons, but it is tough to win when we simply are getting zero contributions from any player.  David is a senior and should not have these types of outings.  We had an opportunity tonight, and didn't get it done. Benny's defense did not make a difference tonight.  He had two shots, both were air balls.  So as much as we would like to say differently, they simply were taken out of tonights game.

Can anyone produce a clip of this locker room discussion?  I'd be interested in actually seeing it.

Starting at the 23:07 min mark.  (also brief Nebraska vignettes starting at the 4 min, 8 min, & 18:45 marks)

(you need a btn2go acct or be a cable subscriber to be able to access this video)

coach Miles going to ask this question to Dave tonight again?  

He had a tooooough assignment tonight. Going back and forth between Hayes, Kaminsky and Dekker is going to make life rough for anybody.

I am a big supporter of our glue players...both David and Benny.  But they had bad games tonight.  David looked slow tonight.  I am sure there may be reasons, but it is tough to win when we simply are getting zero contributions from any player.  David is a senior and should not have these types of outings.  We had an opportunity tonight, and didn't get it done. Benny's defense did not make a difference tonight.  He had two shots, both were air balls.  So as much as we would like to say differently, they simply were taken out of tonights game.

Rivers was asked to primarily guard Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes. That's a tough assignment for anybody regardless of what year in school.