uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: ed 7, vol 15 - Rutgers

uneblinstu

Watched the game on TV...for how cold it was and being a late game on a Thursday night I was impressed by the crowd. It looked packed and relatively loud.

It was not packed. Actual attendance per box score says 13,136, which I think is generous from my 300-level view. But as you pointed out, not bad for a late night weeknight game against a potential conference cellar dweller.
Ronenthal tweeted again during the game that the 13,136 was incorrect and it was a little over 11,000. Still pretty darn good for an 8 pm start vs Rutgers during mid-week on a cold night. As a season ticket holder for the past 15 seasons I think back about the Devaney and how if we got 7-8,000 a game I thought we had a good draw. Now we get over 11,000 and some are a bit dissapointed. This is a GOOD thing though as I like that we are starting to expect more from our program.
Does anyone know where they are getting these numbers if they aren't going off of scanned tickets? Just making it up? Is Rosenthals 11,000 a guess? I know it wasn't packed last night, but I have a very hard time believing 5,000 people were missing. I mean, I recognized the open seats, but there's no way there were more than 500 open seats in the lower bowl. Then the upper sections had a few more missing, but no way 5,000 were gone.

Unless bball23 can prove differently, I'm pretty sure that Rosenthal tweeted an initial number of 14,xxx and then corrected it to the 13,136. I am nearly certain that there were more than 11,000 as well.
I think his tweet said 14,957 or some sort of number like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IFWT_Dikembe-Mutombo-11.jpg

I loved Smith's reaction - no big deal. Very mature true freshman.

I also liked the reaction from some guys on the Rutgers bench....standing up to cheer on an anticipated dunk and then they have to quietly sit down when their guy gets swatted. 

Re-watched it & that same #33 eventually made a 3-pointer over Tarin Smith, so I guess #33 'got' his... albeit, to cap a game that ends as a 16-point defeat instead of 19. ;)