Make room for Agau

Whatever it takes Miles has to sign Akoy Agau. We need him very bad right now you need to lock up as many bigs as you can. Right signing Agau would put us over the scholly limit which means someone has got to go. At this point tho you cannot pass on a guy like Agau you really can't. 

I agree 1000 million percent.

Unless you can find someone better.

Then you pass on Agau.

Otherwise, do whatever you can to sign him.

Totally agree.

Sort of.

Guys he didn't come to his visit today. He's not coming. And this may be self induced. Like, Miles told him he no longer had an offer. Moving on.

Interesting. I wonder if it was a first come, first serve type of offer between McVeigh and Agau because we no longer have the room.

Let me spout a little. First off, he's not a "big". To me, he's a player with potential. That's all he has. And to me, if you look at how he's handled his recruiting process, the first one and now this time around, it's easy to see that Akoy may have a bit of an attitude problem. And a player with potential with an attitude problem usually doesn't end up being what they were supposed to be. Any recruit who has an offer from one school and then shows his face around the basketball offices with the competing school's gear on deserves to get his offer pulled. Take the offer seriously or you no longer have it.

That's my take based on what I've heard. It's an opinion based on heresay but it is my current opinion. Now, if his offer wasn't pulled and the coaches still want him and he ends up here then I will be happy. I'm a typical fan I guess.

Let me spout a little. First off, he's not a "big". To me, he's a player with potential. That's all he has. And to me, if you look at how he's handled his recruiting process, the first one and now this time around, it's easy to see that Akoy may have a bit of an attitude problem. And a player with potential with an attitude problem usually doesn't end up being what they were supposed to be. Any recruit who has an offer from one school and then shows his face around the basketball offices with the competing school's gear on deserves to get his offer pulled. Take the offer seriously or you no longer have it.

That's my take based on what I've heard. It's an opinion based on heresay but it is my current opinion. Now, if his offer wasn't pulled and the coaches still want him and he ends up here then I will be happy. I'm a typical fan I guess.

If your refering to Agau and possibly wearing Georgetown gear last week in Lincoln, that rumor was squelched by Robin Washut on RSS

If your refering to Agau and possibly wearing Georgetown gear last week in Lincoln, that rumor was squelched by Robin Washut on RSS

Ok thanks! I'll just patiently wait for the real reason Miles pulled his offer to come out. Or the squelching of the rumor that Miles pulled his offer. Carry on!

I think you were on to something.

Let's say that the staff are torn on McVeigh and Agau. Let's even say Agau gets the tie breaker because he's a local kid.

If it comes down to McVeigh wanting to be a Husker and Agau once again holding a spot hostage until he makes up his mind, doesn't going with McVeigh seem like the right choice?

I can't imagine a better fit. He is exactly what NU needs.

Why?

Because he offers help as a defensive presence in the middle and is a rebounder. I like the Australian kid, but I dont know if he helps in that area.

The Australian helps in that he's a shooter.  We need shooters too.

Here is what I heard.  The Coaching staff was still sour about Agau running them around the first time and said you weren't good enough yet,  so I am going to Louisville.  That was a hard take for them last time,  so this time around Miles and the staff did not roll out the red carpet and jump through hoops for Agau and then Agau played Marquette and Georgetown against them again and Miles said don't bother, we got nothing here for you and pulled the offer.

I think you were on to something.

Let's say that the staff are torn on McVeigh and Agau. Let's even say Agau gets the tie breaker because he's a local kid.

If it comes down to McVeigh wanting to be a Husker and Agau once again holding a spot hostage until he makes up his mind, doesn't going with McVeigh seem like the right choice?

Damn straight.  Take the kid who wants to be here.

Theoretically, both fill an area of need.  I have no idea which would fill their particular role better, but all other things being equal, take the kid who WANTS to be here.  No question.

Find it amusing that he's out shopping for a bigger name situation when that obviously didn't work out so well for him last time around. 

So much went into his recruitment before that he has to know what we have.  Any hesitancy on his part would have been just wasting everyone's time.