Make room for Agau

Let me spout a little. First off, he's not a "big". To me, he's a player with potential. That's all he has. And to me, if you look at how he's handled his recruiting process, the first one and now this time around, it's easy to see that Akoy may have a bit of an attitude problem. And a player with potential with an attitude problem usually doesn't end up being what they were supposed to be. Any recruit who has an offer from one school and then shows his face around the basketball offices with the competing school's gear on deserves to get his offer pulled. Take the offer seriously or you no longer have it.

That's my take based on what I've heard. It's an opinion based on heresay but it is my current opinion. Now, if his offer wasn't pulled and the coaches still want him and he ends up here then I will be happy. I'm a typical fan I guess.

I think you were on to something.

Let's say that the staff are torn on McVeigh and Agau. Let's even say Agau gets the tie breaker because he's a local kid.

If it comes down to McVeigh wanting to be a Husker and Agau once again holding a spot hostage until he makes up his mind, doesn't going with McVeigh seem like the right choice?

Damn straight. Take the kid who wants to be here.

Theoretically, both fill an area of need. I have no idea which would fill their particular role better, but all other things being equal, take the kid who WANTS to be here. No question.

Find it amusing that he's out shopping for a bigger name situation when that obviously didn't work out so well for him last time around.

So much went into his recruitment before that he has to know what we have. Any hesitancy on his part would have been just wasting everyone's time.

This is exactly it. Agau never took the Nebraska offer seriously. We don't want guys who are not all N.

He's now a Hoya. No use worrying about him. Really wonder if he wanted to ever be at NU.

Kid seems to be a head case. I do not get how he still finds east coast programs to be so alluring, especially after being buried on the bench at one for two seasons. He's not getting more playing time than Isaac Copeland. Maybe the third guy off the bench in 2015???? Doesn't make sense to me. Go somewhere you can get a hefty amount of minutes and actually grow your game. Does anyone know if he's actually good at anything, other than having potential?

He's now a Hoya. No use worrying about him. Really wonder if he wanted to ever be at NU.

Kid seems to be a head case. I do not get how he still finds east coast programs to be so alluring, especially after being buried on the bench at one for two seasons. He's not getting more playing time than Isaac Copeland. Maybe the third guy off the bench in 2015???? Doesn't make sense to me. Go somewhere you can get a hefty amount of minutes and actually grow your game. Does anyone know if he's actually good at anything, other than having potential?

Nice Bleujay! Like the last sentence.

I can't imagine a better fit. He is exactly what NU needs.

Why?

Because he offers help as a defensive presence in the middle and is a rebounder. I like the Australian kid, but I dont know if he helps in that area.

The Australian helps in that he's a shooter.  We need shooters too.

We need shooters badly

For the record, I am not disagreeing with the fact we need shooters. I do think help is on the way with Andrew White in that area. But we need more of that as well. I will be surprised if a schollie does not open up after the year.

Then we could have had help in both areas (shooting/low post) with the addition of Agau and the Australian.

Not happening and we have to move on. I do trust Miles.

First of all, not salty.

Second of all, this reminds me of the girl in highschool who would date the BIGGEST douches and then complain that no guy treats her right.

I wish him the best, but I don't see how GU will give him a better opportunity. 

I get it.  You're saying Akoy is a BIG douche, right?

But what's the thing about the girl?  Did he date some girl you knew in high school?

First of all, not salty.

Second of all, this reminds me of the girl in highschool who would date the BIGGEST douches and then complain that no guy treats her right.

But what's the thing about the girl?  Did he date some girl you knew in high school?

Do I need to post a GIF, Norm?

First of all, not salty.

Do I need to post a GIF, Norm?

Well, saying "BIGGEST douches" in a discussion of Akoy Agau, I thought the connection was obvious.

Have posted this before but I have talked to his "girlfriend" before, and she said his main goal is to get to the nba. He choose Louisville the first time because that had the name brand that would get him to the league. I have a feeling he is goin to GTown for the same reason.

Now, as I understand it, the girlfriend thinks Agau is one of the BIGGEST douches?

Have posted this before but I have talked to his "girlfriend" before, and she said his main goal is to get to the nba. He choose Louisville the first time because that had the name brand that would get him to the league. I have a feeling he is goin to GTown for the same reason.

I must have missed this before. Between this and the constant praising of his personality, I get a huge Biggs vibe and it probably explains some of his issues at Louisville. He very well might be right about having a better chance at the NBA at Georgetown...assuming he can make it on the court. I think we could handle some headaches if the talent was there but I'm not sure the talent/drama ratio is where it needed to be.

It's probably for the best for both parties he didn't end up here.  We all want local D-1 kids to play here so thankfully we have a guy like Arop coming down the road.

I've always envied those who are not burdened with self-awareness.

Interesting as the name of the school doesn't get you to the NBA, talent does.  It doesn't matter what school you play at, if your good enough, the league will find you. 

Akoy IS headed to Georgetown, and yes somehow I to think he has a touch of Biggs to him. I think he overestimates his ability and has a far better chance of selling insurance in Bellvue than playing in the NBA.  I HAVE to believe there is a JUCO center out there who would LOVE to step into a starting role on a team with B1G Title aspirations.

Come on now fellas, this thread is starting to take on a distinct sour grapes vibe.  We would have welcomed him into the fold with open arms if it had worked out that he was coming to Lincoln, but he isn't, he's going to be a Hoya.  So, best of luck to Akoy, go and beat Creighton's ass twice a year and hopefully things will work out better for him there than it did in Louisville.

Meanwhile we have a full roster (barring attrition) with lots of pretty solid talent coming in.  We've got lots to be grateful for here, I say let's focus on that.