Tough loss....

bball23

Most of us know obviously that this year is going to be very tough for NU. Creighton has a very good basketball team and was/is the better team right now. I still love, love, love what Miles is doing. The guy is playing with 7 players basically that are on scholarship and 3 are freshman. This team plays with good energy, good spacing on offense and a good defensive game plan. In fact, I actually thought at times NU was getting some very good looks tonight, but simply didn't make shots. That's basketball. Creighton had a very good defensive game plan as well so kudos to them.

You will almost never, ever, ever hear me complain about refs (especially in a blowout) but the one thing that did bug me about the Jays was how much they flop. Twice Doug flopped with Peltz guarding him. I mean, cmon, he's 6'1 and a walk-on. Do you really need to "act" like you are getting fouled? In fact, a Jays fan behind me actually yelled "Get tougher Doug" which was refreshing to hear. Doug is a special, special player and all the props go out to him. I just don't like the way he flails around so much while posting up or going to the hoop. I mean, if he wants to move to the next level he has a lot of toughening up to do.

But again, NU has a lot of work to do, I believe in Miles and his system and I think he will do good things here once he gets some players. We as fans have to be patient and remember that.

I still do not think this season will just be a throw away season though... There are winnable games out there, and then there are toss up games that we have a chance. I dont know if Oregon is a toss up because it will be very very tough. The rest of the non con are winnable. The first 4 conference are tough, and the rest gets easier than that. Could still put something together, we will see.

It was a tough loss to watch, but it was awesome being in Devaney with that much energy and that full the first half. Creighton did a good job eliminating Gallegos from the game, and Wragge shot some devastating threes.

With that said, we have one very tough out of conference game @ Oregon, and then three very winnable games which would put us at 9-3 OOC. Before the season started I think anyone would have taken that record.

Point is, we were supposed to lose this game so its not really that tough of a loss for me. I can't wait for where this program is headed.

With that said, we have one very tough out of conference game @ Oregon, and then three very winnable games which would put us at 9-3 OOC. Before the season started I think anyone would have taken that record.

Actually, we have two games in the UTEP tourney so we can still hit a darn good 10-3 record with an Oregon loss plus winning out

If we could somehow get to 10-3, that would be almost a miracle with this roster. I love Peltz's energy, don't get me wrong, but when he is logging 15-20 minutes you know you are thin.

I just hope our RS guys sitting on the bench eat this season up and come to work hard everyday to get this program going in the right direction.

I think we're pretty safely in the 10-3 area for non-con. Find some way to wring 6 conference wins out of this team and say hello, NIT.

Which is FAR ahead of where practically any sane Husker fan would have put us this year. And that ain't bad, all things considered.

It was a tough loss to watch, but it was awesome being in Devaney with that much energy and that full the first half. Creighton did a good job eliminating Gallegos from the game, and Wragge shot some devastating threes.

Point is, we were supposed to lose this game so its not really that tough of a loss for me. I can't wait for where this program is headed.

I loved the comment from Miles last night at the end of his post-game show. I think Pavelka asked him basically what's next and how do you move on from a loss like this and Miles talked a bit about having the players come in and lift today and watch the film. But then he said -- and this is the part I love -- "No one expects us to beat Oregon, so let's go figure out a way to go beat Oregon." I love it.

I think we're pretty safely in the 10-3 area for non-con. Find some way to wring 6 conference wins out of this team and say hello, NIT.

Which is FAR ahead of where practically any sane Husker fan would have put us this year. And that ain't bad, all things considered.

I agree with you 49er I'm not going to try and guess how many conference wins we will get, but IMO an NIT bid would be great for this team, and a good building block for the team.

I agree with you 49er I'm not going to try and guess how many conference wins we will get, but IMO an NIT bid would be great for this team, and a good building block for the team.

NIT?

If Tim Miles gets this team into the NIT he should be voted National Coach of the Year. Four wins in the Big 10 would be a monumental achievement for this squad.

I agree, I should have used a better adjective than great for the NIT! An NIT but would be better than great, I think any postseason bid would be "great" CBI would be good, but I don't think we qualify for the CIT because that is a mid major only post season tournament.

I also can't remember about the CBI can no B1G or was it Big XII teams weren't allowed to participate in that tournament, because of conference rules?