Time to start playing guys that want to win and not play for themselves.

Hoops_Legend

Tim Miles is the guy no matter what happens this season anybody who does not think so need to stop being a Nebrasketball fan. What Miles said about the "Cool Kids" on the roster was great and telling on whats going on in the locker room..... I think this "Cool Kids" thing started after the Wisconsin game with one guy WALTER PITCHFORD that guy got way to high on himself and it has effected his game obviously. It sounds like to me he did not put in the work effort in the offseason like the other guys because he thought he was too "Cool" and thought he was a all-american. Now the slump has started and continues and instead of finding other ways to help the team he continues to shoot the ball as much he can to get the shot back that he had last season. The thing is tho thats great to try to get you mojo back in Threepointers but if they are not falling he needs to be man and help the team on defense or going for offensive rebounds or instead of jacking up threes post up in the paint and create lanes for Shields and Petteway. Walt wont do it because he feels his only game is from the outside and he continues to no help us this guy needs a reality check fast we need him more on defense and rebounding and scoring in the paint then outside shooting right now. 

So from what Miles was saying after the game I think points to Walter and I think Walter better hurry and change his game that help us or else when Leslee and Moses come back he will be on the bench for sure.

This team still has alot to play for there is TWO really big wins we can get before conference play Cincy tomorrow and Witcha St (if we beat Hawaii). Remember this was the same team that was 8-10 going into the game against Ohio St at home and we pulled off MILES MAGIC and I think we can do it again and it starts tomorrow night you can not lose faith yet guys there so much basketball left....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

What's a bummer is Moses was starting to push Walt for PT and then goes and breaks his hand.  Throw in Leslee being out and we just don't have much size/depth now.  I really hope Walt can get his mojo back and help this team.  We all have seen what he can do, now we need him to hopefully start working hard on both ends of the court and help this team get on a roll.

Petteway better watch his mouth. He is one who definitely is buying in to his own hype. Chucks up shots like there's no tomorrow. Turnover machine. 

Webster needs to take it to the basket more. He should be getting more minutes.

A little harsh on Petteway.  Actually, a lot harsh.  You must not have watched the IW game.  HIs shot selection was much better.  So were his decisions on the drive in transition, to avoid the charge.  He is the least of our problems.

Interesting take on Webster, that runs contrary to virtually everyone else on the board.  Other than horrible outside shooting, numerous defensive mistakes, and bad turnovers, you might be right.  And oh yeah, the part about taking it to the hoop more:  You think other teams don't have him figured out and won't allow that?  When you can't shoot from 5 feet and  beyond, teams will sag and take away the drive.  Teams aren't even guarding him now from outside.   Tai can improve the defense and turnovers.  Not sure about the shooting, as we are 2 seasons into that at this point. 

Petteway better watch his mouth. He is one who definitely is buying in to his own hype. Chucks up shots like there's no tomorrow. Turnover machine.

Webster needs to take it to the basket more. He should be getting more minutes.

A little harsh on Petteway. Actually, a lot harsh. You must not have watched the IW game. HIs shot selection was much better. So were his decisions on the drive in transition, to avoid the charge. He is the least of our problems.

Interesting take on Webster, that runs contrary to virtually everyone else on the board. Other than horrible outside shooting, numerous defensive mistakes, and bad turnovers, you might be right. And oh yeah, the part about taking it to the hoop more: You think other teams don't have him figured out and won't allow that? When you can't shoot from 5 feet and beyond, teams will sag and take away the drive. Teams aren't even guarding him now from outside. Tai can improve the defense and turnovers. Not sure about the shooting, as we are 2 seasons into that at this point.

I believe Petteway had about 4 assists and 4 rebounds before he took a shot in the IW game.

Pitchford played for 48 (out of 50) minutes, the most of anyone on the team, followed by Rivers (47), Shields (46) & Parker (44).

Conversely, Troy Caupin had the most playing time for Cincinatti (45 mins).  Cincinatti used 10 players during the game vs only 7 for Nebraska;  the next highest players for Cincinatti were Ellis, at 33 mins and Clark, at 32.

Pitchford played for 48 (out of 50) minutes, the most of anyone on the team, followed by Rivers (47), Shields (46) & Parker (44).

Conversely, Troy Caupin had the most playing time for Cincinatti (45 mins).  Cincinatti used 10 players during the game vs only 7 for Nebraska;  the next highest players for Cincinatti were Ellis, at 33 mins and Clark, at 32.

The minutes that Ellis had are bogus, in the fact that he sat most of the 1st half in foul trouble. So had he not been in foul trouble his minutes IMHO would have been closer to what Walt had.

Shavon is being a ball trap right now and it's costing the team. Dribbles entirely way to much.

Last night was his first game with over 3 turnovers this year.  The 7 turnovers were the most in his career and only his second game with more than four.  He also was entrusted to get the ball up the court against Cincy's press most of the night.

What is a ball trap?

Petteway and Pitchford both need benched for more minutes until they figure it out.  All-Americans they are not.

So who are you going to put in for them, genius?

HaHaHa...this made me laugh.

But seriously, who else would you put out there???  Please answer.  Terran is in fact an All-American and we are blessed to have him.  He is not perfect, but his attempt to be perfect is perhaps his biggest issue.  The kid plays his arse off and for all the great things he does, I personally can live with a couple of the issues.

Walt has struggled.  But he seemed to really get it last night.  I am hoping we get that type of game out of him each and every night,