Okay, what do we KNOW?

doc1394

Alright, lets play a game about the Good ole Nebraska U basketball team. What do you know, what do you think you know, and what do you have no clue about?

I KNOW:

• It is Thursday of dead week and I have 4 finals next week, yet I'm going to be making my longest post of my career right now. Priorities.
  • I've seen worse losses in the past than last night.
  • Tim Miles has this program higher than it has been in decades.
  • Nebraska has two - TWO - all Big Ten caliber players on the wings.
  • Walter Pitchford is capable of shooting 35% from deep
  • Benny Parker can lock down most guards in the B1G when healthy
  • Two of the top 4 big men are injured for at least 2-3 weeks.
  • Nebraska needs to run with the ball. The offense in half court is brutal, but Terran, Benny, and Shavon are very good in transition. Can probably get better three point opportunities in transition as well. 
  • Nebraska NEEDS to get to Wichita State. I don't care if they win or not, they NEED to play them.
  • Other than a few more times during this post, I won't be using the word Creighton again unless absolutely necessary.

I think I know:

• This B1G, while deeper, is not as talented as it was last year. Only Wisconsin, and maybe Maryland and Ohio State, are teams that I definitely think are more talented than Nebraska.
  • Tim Miles is a bit out of his comfort zone without Craig Smith for the first time in like 8 years.
  • Nick Fuller can add something to this team. He looked crazy nervous out there, but he goes after every single rebound, can hit the three, and only got beat once, maybe twice last night. He's gonna get called for a few more over the back fouls.
  • David Rivers will become a senior leader very soon. He seems to score when needed, and get some offensive rebounds at the best moments.
  • Creigton beat Nebraska twice. Most fans were still hung over from that game, and didn't really want to be at Incarnate Word.
  • The students (myself included) sucked last night. They give us outstanding tickets, and we added just about nothing last night.
  • Benny is not as big of a liability shooting from deep anymore, as long as he stays in bounds.
  • Referees aren't very good.
  • The fans, especially the students, need to show up vs. Cincinnati. Make it a harder place to play in, and get that desperate win before getting over a week off.

Things I have no clue about:

• Tai Webster
  • How I feel about Dirk Chatelain. He seems like he does really good at his job, but he's kind of a dick.
  • Should the Molinari defense be scrapped? Nebraska is giving up a lot of threes, and not getting a lot of steals.
  • How long until Pitchford gets on back on track? I'm ready to see that Pick-n-Pop every possession again.
  • How many losses does it take before the PBA regularly turns into what it was last night?
  • Can Hammond play more, or Kye?
  • When will Leslee get back? I miss him.
  • Will Tim still be as funny if this season turns south?

All in all, I think I know that Nebraska is going to still be a fun team to watch this year. They may not be the team we expected when reading USA Today and ESPN all summer, but they are still a talented team. I'd rather be writing this right now than what I would have been writing 4 years ago.

Go Big Red!

Great Post.

Walt is actually capable of shooting 40% from 3. He did that last year.

If we tank Tim will still be funny...just not as funny.

Either Fuller or Hammond are getting Moses' minutes.  Whoever wants them please step up.

We're not necessarily trying to generate steals...we're trying to generate turnovers. FWIW so far our turnover and eFG numbers are better than last year. We're not quite to the point where changing our team philosophy is the way to go.

Dirk is the Chad Kroeger of Nebraska sportswriters. 

Miles made the NCAA tourney in less than 2 years. He's gone from scrambling to find bodies to landing a 2018 recruit.  

The guys is a program builder and that's exactly what he's doing.

Great Post.

Walt is actually capable of shooting 40% from 3. He did that last year.

If we tank Tim will still be funny...just not as funny.

Either Fuller or Hammond are getting Moses' minutes.  Whoever wants them please step up.

We're not necessarily trying to generate steals...we're trying to generate turnovers. FWIW so far our turnover and eFG numbers are better than last year. We're not quite to the point where changing our team philosophy is the way to go.

Dirk is the Chad Kroeger of Nebraska sportswriters. 

Miles made the NCAA tourney in less than 2 years. He's gone from scrambling to find bodies to landing a 2018 recruit.  

The guys is a program builder and that's exactly what he's doing.

OK, Dimes, explain the Chad Kroeger reference, for the culturally challenged.  I did google him and think I have him identified, but I still don't get how Dirk is comparable.