Aaron Rodgers says R-E-L-A-X

extremehoops

While a loss to Incarnate Word at home is inexcusable, I agree with Aaron Rogers and the OP. You know what this all reminds me of? Last season. This is exactly the same as last season but with expectations and fans who think a conference run last year means there will be no struggles ahead. Everyone seems to have forgotten the last 15-20 years.

While a loss to Incarnate Word at home is inexcusable, I agree with Aaron Rogers and the OP. You know what this all reminds me of? Last season. This is exactly the same as last season but with expectations and fans who think a conference run last year means there will be no struggles ahead. Everyone seems to have forgotten the last 15-20 years.

I decided fairly early on this season that we were not as good as we were hoping we'd be and I adjusted my expectations accordingly.  I think some other fans still harbor the fantasy that this should be a Sweet 16 team.  It's not.  It wasn't.  There are too many things we don't have that we would need to get there.  Just because we returned 6 of our top 8 players (7 if you count the injured Leslee Smith) we still don't have a legitimate post presence and we don't have a couple of dead-eye three point shooters at the SG position.

We'll see what happens but it's way too early to throw in the towel on the season.