Guys, guys, GUUUUUYYYYYSSS!!!!

Norm Peterson

Norm, NORM, NOOOOOORMY

Define OK....this team is far from OK

This team has some deficiencies that we knew we had going into the season. 

Some of the pieces we thought we were adding are maybe not as improved as we would have liked.  Tai Webster's shot didn't improve as much as advertised, for example. 

Losing Gallegos and Smith hurt us worse than we probably expected.

However, we didn't play that bad tonight. 

That guy from Incarnate Word was hitting contested threes and the ball was just falling for him.  It just was.  He probably won't shoot that way again in another game all year.

Granted, we made some boneheaded plays at the end, but overall we didn't play poorly.  If you think we did, then you were watching a different game than I was.  Too many turnovers, but we were attacking the basket and we had some good ball movement on offense.

Defensively, we were giving up too many points in the low post but that guy was getting some pretty lucky rolls too. 

Officiating actually might have cost us the game tonight because that wasn't a foul on that three pointer that allowed them to close within a point.  The officiating was bad all night.  Never seen Miles go after an officiating crew at the halftime buzzer like he did tonight.  But they deserved it.

Anyway, I refuse to panic.  It's one game.  It's a long season.  We just missed a 3 foot putt but there are 17 more holes to play.  Get over it.

We didn't play poorly and still lost to Incarnate Word. At home.

You think that's ok, Norm?

It's a long season, yes. And if just got considerably longer after tonight.

I've been around too long.  I've seen worse.  We'll live.  I was more pissed about Creighton.

I hope the team has my attitude and quickly puts this behind them and moves onto the next one.

Norm, Thanks as always for being a voice of reason tonight

First time poster here - lurker for a year or so.

Just wanted to say that I have been an observer of the husker bball for a number of years but actually transitioned into being a "die hard" hoops fan in the last two seasons. The new arena and NCAA run were big parts of making that transition of course - I am guessing I am not alone in that regard.

I know that most on this board have been die hard fans for many years and have endured many losses that resemble this one. You guys have certainly earned the right be critical of this team and vent. Fans like me have not earned that right yet IMO. Reason being is we don't have the full perspective of where this progam has been for the last 15 years or so. We do not fully understand what the program was like when MIles took it over.

A loss like this one feels like a punch to the gut, but as a new fan to husker hoops I am taking it as a test. Am I just a bandwagon fan or a fan that supports the team and coaches through thick and thin?

I just hope new fans like me are willing to pay their dues (if that makes sense) and support this team througout the year.

I will be there on Saturday supporting the team as loud as I can and I hope that the other new fans will be doing the same.

The worst part of tonight is Walter getting owned in the paint by a very average 6'7" guy that made the same left handed move 4 times to score.  What in the world is he going to do against somebody, hell anybody in the big 10 in the paint.  Now I realize we are hoping to have Smith back from a knee injury that usually takes up to a year to return from, so there is no guarantee there.  I did not hear how long Abraham will be out with his broken hand but hopefully he'll be back by February or we may not be able to finish in the top ten of the BIG 10

The worst part of tonight is Walter getting owned in the paint by a very average 6'7" guy that made the same left handed move 4 times to score.  What in the world is he going to do against somebody, hell anybody in the big 10 in the paint.  Now I realize we are hoping to have Smith back from a knee injury that usually takes up to a year to return from, so there is no guarantee there.  I did not hear how long Abraham will be out with his broken hand but hopefully he'll be back by February or we may not be able to finish in the top ten of the BIG 10

Amen.  Miles said on the radio that "hey, he's 6'5", at some point you have to man up and put a chest into him...."

Sorry, Norm, but I hope this team doesn't share the same view as you. I hope they don't look at tonight's game and say, "Well, we played well, but some dude hit some crazy shots." They should be mad as hell and they should be embarrassed.

And I completely disagree that this is just one game. They should be upset about how they've played up to this point of the season. This team looks poorly coached. This team looks like it has little basketball IQ. This team looks like it has zero interest in running a real offense.

I've been around too long.  I've seen worse.  We'll live.  I was more pissed about Creighton.

More pissed about Creighton?  Creighton owns us right now and while yes, we should have beat them this year...we lost to Fing Incarnate Fing Word.  Creighton is our daddy....UIW should be should be a step-cousin that we beat down to take out our frustrations of getting beaten by our daddy.

I agree with the pissed off people. The team should and better be pissed. Miles and his staff better be pissed. IW has NO BUSINESS coming into Lincoln and doing what Wisconsin couldn't last year. We have 5 starters back from a team that won @ Michigan state and beat Ohio State & Wisconsin at home. We should be 9-0 irregardless of smiths injury. Walt is playing incredibly soft-- He hung w/ Payne, Kaminsky, & Vonleh last year so he's shown he can do it. Tai is incredibly bad and the poor decisions/free throw shooting by everyone else were flat out embarrassing.

Am I giving up? Hell no. Is my support waning? Hell no. But some changes need to be made. TP hasn't inbounded the ball all EFFING year yet he grabs it with 6 seconds left when he's not supposed to and chucks it out of bounds. How about you call a TO miles? Good grief.

Moving on-- but pissed. As we all should be. Quit sugarcoating it Norm, this isn't 7th grade girls basketball

A month ago we were talking about the Sweet 16 and now we're looking iffy for the NIT.

Let people vent for crissakes.

Anyone who was talking Sweet 16 was in la la land.

We were a preseason Top 25 team. It's not a giant leap to suggest a Top 25 team could advance to a Sweet 16. Heck, Petteway and Miles were openly talking about Sweet 16s and tattoos!

A month ago we were talking about the Sweet 16 and now we're looking iffy for the NIT.

We were a preseason Top 25 team. It's not a giant leap to suggest a Top 25 team could advance to a Sweet 16. Heck, Petteway and Miles were openly talking about Sweet 16s and tattoos!

But we shouldn't have been a preseason top 25 team.  Talking about it doesn't change the roster.

After watching the UNO game (of course I had suspicions about Rhode Island), I knew we were going to be in this season for the long haul. This is going to be an interesting ride.

After watching the UNO game (of course I had suspicions about Rhode Island), I knew we were going to be in this season for the long haul. This is going to be an interesting ride.

Might as well enjoy the ride, even the heartbreaking losses are a part of the learning process for our team which played fairly soft on the interior. This team will figure out pretty quick that GATA is what we need right now more than ever. I'd suspect practices this week will promote that. I'm actually looking forward to Saturday. Nothing like adversity to amp up the intensity! Cincy won't know what hit 'em! GBR