So . . . you're saying there's a chance?

Swan88

November 28: Boise St. 83 at Creighton 70.

December 5: Boise St. 55 at Utah 76.

In the words of that great movie . . . "There's a chance!" :)

In all seriousness, one benefit in playing a highly ranked team is that the Huskers have everything to gain and very little to lose, while the Jays have very little to gain and a great deal to lose. A lop-sided victory for the Jays will be mostly a non-event (other than for the local chatter), but anything else will have some degree of significance.

November 28: Boise St. 83 at Creighton 70.

December 5: Boise St. 55 at Utah 76.

In the words of that great movie . . . "There's a chance!" :)

In all seriousness, one benefit in playing a highly ranked team is that the Huskers have everything to gain and very little to lose, while the Jays have very little to gain and a great deal to lose. A lop-sided victory for the Jays will be mostly a non-event (other than for the local chatter), but anything else will have some degree of significance.

Given their little bother mentality, the bluebird fans will make a win of any size sound like it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I am not going to get all butt hurt if we don't win. I really don't think we will and I drink kool-aid for lunch everyday and my glasses are as rose colored as I can find in the store.

I just hate the fact that they come into our place and make so much noise.

I hate Kansas for it. I hate Iowa State for it. And I really hate Creighton for it.

I know, I know, If you come they can yell all they want. I wish we were like the football program where there would only be about 100 tickets available to anybody but us. Maybe someday that will happen. It kind of did back in the Nee days.

I guess I'm just getting old. Used to be civil towards the other team and could leave with feel like I need to tear the head off some kid who is completely out of line.

Oh well, will just need to bring the the head phones and turn up Kent really loud.

End of rant.

Okay here is the proof I am talking about.

Did anybody else see the shirt the students are wearing tonight?

Here is a picture:

https://twitter.com/...4428545/photo/1

Funny I didn't know that the State of Nebraska and Omaha city limits were the same shape.

This coming from a student body who couldn't even name 10 towns west of Lincoln.

Hell, they probably had to MapQuest how to get to Lincoln.

Oh wait, I guess their driver would know, right?

The Big Ten (I believe) has five teams in the top 25...please do not quote me on that. Creighton is a good team. They have earned their rating given the results of this year and their overall performance in recent years. But we are going to have to compete against quality opponents for the remainder of the year. Can we compete and win this game...absolutely. Will we...I guess we will find out in the next few hours. I guess our performance up to this point should provide at least some optimism.

The Big Ten (I believe) has five teams in the top 25...please do not quote me on that. Creighton is a good team. They have earned their rating given the results of this year and their overall performance in recent years. But we are going to have to compete against quality opponents for the remainder of the year. Can we compete and win this game...absolutely. Will we...I guess we will find out in the next few hours. I guess our performance up to this point should provide at least some optimism.

Just to back up what you said, here are the average KenPom rankings of each team by conference.

edit... Sorry, I couldn't get it to paste as a table.

B10 0.816 BE 0.790 ACC 0.751 B12 0.743 MWC 0.726 P12 0.713 SEC 0.690 A10 0.678 MVC 0.637 WCC 0.600 CUSA 0.567 Horz 0.517 WAC 0.483 MAAC 0.461 Ivy 0.433 MAC 0.431 BW 0.431 CAA 0.430 Pat 0.424 SB 0.423 OVC 0.396 NEC 0.395 ASun 0.392 AE 0.378 Sum 0.375 SC 0.353 BSky 0.310 Slnd 0.287 BSth 0.282 ind 0.235 MEAC 0.232 GWC 0.152 SWAC 0.136

And if you remove Nebraska and Creighton to show the competition of other teams in the conference, you get this:

B10 0.847 BE 0.790 ACC 0.751 B12 0.743 MWC 0.726 P12 0.713 SEC 0.690 A10 0.678 MVC 0.610 WCC 0.600 CUSA 0.567 Horz 0.517 WAC 0.483 MAAC 0.461 Ivy 0.433 MAC 0.431 BW 0.431 CAA 0.430 Pat 0.424 SB 0.423 OVC 0.396 NEC 0.395 ASun 0.392 AE 0.378 Sum 0.375 SC 0.353 BSky 0.310 Slnd 0.287 BSth 0.282 ind 0.235 MEAC 0.232 GWC 0.152 SWAC 0.136

I would think that not having the game on tv is a good thing given Nebraska's propensity for laying huge eggs when having a national spotlight. And outside the borders of Nebraska I'm sure most people consider this a ho-hum game.Would the BigTen network consider this worthy of a rerun or is that also contractually forbidden?

I am not going to get all butt hurt if we don't win. I really don't think we will and I drink kool-aid for lunch everyday and my glasses are as rose colored as I can find in the store.

I just hate the fact that they come into our place and make so much noise.

I hate Kansas for it. I hate Iowa State for it. And I really hate Creighton for it.

I know, I know, If you come they can yell all they want. I wish we were like the football program where there would only be about 100 tickets available to anybody but us. Maybe someday that will happen. It kind of did back in the Nee days.

I guess I'm just getting old. Used to be civil towards the other team and could leave with feel like I need to tear the head off some kid who is completely out of line.

Oh well, will just need to bring the the head phones and turn up Kent really loud.

End of rant.

Silverbacked, I never minded the amount of fans/noise ISU, KU, or Creighton brought to Devaney terribly.

The only thing I ever HATED was hearing KU fans do Rock Chalk at the end of KU games in Devaney. Even though I'm not proud to admit it, I have left a game early just to avoid having to hear that.

Noise that is positive for your team. No problem

Noise against my team in a negative way. BIG problem.

Come CHEER your team all you want. Don't rattle my cage.

Loved Illinios last year. Sat up in the nose bleeds with Husker gear on until they announced the starting line ups. And then were positive towards their team and of course yelling at the refs. :)

I think the problem I've experienced with Creighton fans at the Bob is that they don't come so much to cheer on their team as they do to rub our noses in it when their team is winning. I mean, they cheer on their team a little bit, too. But how many times did I hear during the Collier era comments like, "How's THAT for a mid-major?"

And now they've taken some innocuous comment by Tim Miles and turned it into fodder for their hatred. Sad.

Yeah, nice sentiment, Swan. The reality is that, while we might keep it close, the streak of home teams winning in this series is in serious jeopardy tonight and will probably come to an end.

But I'll say it right now: after tonight, Creighton's basketball team will never beat us at Devaney again!

You never know. There's always the NIT... ;)