Fuller > Webster? Hammond?

Branched from the presser thread.

I'd be intrigued to see how it would work.  Fuller would be worse in transition and ball handling, but a far better shooter.  Defensively, he'd be worse at guarding the perimeter, but a far better rebounder (I think he might be the best rebounder on our team).  

I'd also like to see Hammond get some more minutes.  He looked able against FSU.  

Intrigued on this Fuller idea though.  Why not try it?

I'd be intrigued to see how it would work.  Fuller would be worse in transition and ball handling, but a far better shooter.  Defensively, he'd be worse at guarding the perimeter, but a far better rebounder (I think he might be the best rebounder on our team).  

I'd also like to see Hammond get some more minutes.  He looked able against FSU.  

Intrigued on this Fuller idea though.  Why not try it?

At this point...why not? Tai doesn't give us much currently.  He is an average defender at best right now and teams are still just hoping and praying he shoots the ball.  Give Fuller a chance to see how it works out.

I'd be intrigued to see how it would work. Fuller would be worse in transition and ball handling, but a far better shooter. Defensively, he'd be worse at guarding the perimeter, but a far better rebounder (I think he might be the best rebounder on our team).

I'd also like to see Hammond get some more minutes. He looked able against FSU.

Intrigued on this Fuller idea though. Why not try it?

At this point...why not? Tai doesn't give us much currently. He is an average defender at best right now and teams are still just hoping and praying he shoots the ball. Give Fuller a chance to see how it works out.

Especially when the game is a slower, half court game like Sunday's. Tai is basically worthless on offense when a team is playing us that way defensively.

Here is the presser,btw. Full of Tim Miles reading between the line stuff.

We're going to see more Moses and that will probably come at the expense of Walt. That's a combination of Walt not doing anything besides taking jump shots and Moses' play on offense improving in addition to his superior defensive presence. Miles didn't mention Hammond.

Seems like we're going to see some Tarrin and Benny lineups. We'll probably see some Fuller as well. This is going to come at the expense of Tai.

I gotta say, I've really enjoyed Moses and his contribution.  He's a hard worker and appears to be very coachable, and you can tell that he continues improve each game.  

I agree on the Tarin and Benny front.  Better perimeter D, and both of them are decent three point threats.  It would be nice to have one more serviceable 2-3, but we don't have that luxury.  It's probably going to have to be Fuller.  Tai has been killing us.  

If I had my way, I'd have Walt only at the stretch 4 rotating with Rivers.  I'd rather see Hammond give Moses a breather.  At least then no one is playing out of position.  

Miles has referred to his "top eight" a bunch when it comes to the rotation. Has he given a reason why he only wants to play eight guys? Seems like we're missing an opportunity to develop guys like Fuller and Hammond.

At the beginning of the year it was the Core 6. Just looking at his career he's always been a guy with a 7-8 man rotation.

Nick Fuller's stat line looked very solid tonight plus he also took a charge and had no turnovers.

Give him a 15-18 minutes a night I think he will come on as a very solid player as he gets more and more comfortable.  He doesnt look like he will try to do to much or do crazy stuff.

I watched his defense tonight and I did not see where he was a liability, I though he held his own and can only keep getting better.

Tai is one of the strangest players I think I've observed.  First of all, I'm a Tai fan.  I hope he improves and figures it out.  I think we all do, though some probably realize this hope is fading....

I met him last year, good kid, he was really good to my son and spent extra time talking with him.  The kid was a wide eyed kid last year adjusting to life and I could tell he was a bit homesick based off some of the things he said.

I had high hopes after reading about him working out everyday with Terran and seeing his improved play in the World Cup.  He blocked friggin' Kyrie Irving for pete's sake.  

I think he has the physical tools.  He's athletic.  He has more length than say, Sek Henry and is quicker and more explosive than say, Ryan Anderson.  But I think his confidence level fluctuates not only in each game, but within each 30 seconds.  One play he's hesitant, the next he drives and attacks, the next he shoots, the next he passes up a shot and is all too eager to get rid of the ball.  He's just hard to figure out.

So, let's give Fuller much more minutes, it can't hurt!

Move Walt to the 4 and rotate with Rivers.

Give Fuller Tai's minutes.

Let Hammond and Moses split the 5.

Let Benny, Tarin, Petteway, Shields all split the 1-3 based on who is playing well.

Run.

Do this, we start winning.  

Good plan except for Moses, who may be out for several weeks....

Nick Fuller's stat line looked very solid tonight plus he also took a charge and had no turnovers.

Give him a 15-18 minutes a night I think he will come on as a very solid player as he gets more and more comfortable.  He doesnt look like he will try to do to much or do crazy stuff.

I watched his defense tonight and I did not see where he was a liability, I though he held his own and can only keep getting better.

He had at least one instance that I saw that a guy blew by him on the baseline where we have no help. Otherwise, I completely agree.

Smith & Abraham will start against the Bearcats, along with TP, Shavon and yes Walt. This gives us 3 shooters, a Center, and a legit PG. You'll still get a productive Benny off the bench, Rivers and if you want to play Fuller & Hammond more than Tai, I'm ok with that too.

No Moses for awhile, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Smith is starting sooner rather than later...

I think both Fuller and Hammond have some game speed adjustments.  You don't get those adjustments until you play.  I didn't realize until last night how bulky Fuller is.  He'll be fine.  Part of getting beat on the baseline is bad coaching.  He also knocked a ball loose in his first defensive possession which led to a steal.  I'll take the occasional defensive breakdown over Tai's momentum killing plays all day right now.  

Hammond actually recovered when he got beat on the baseline and ended up with a nice, clean block that was called a foul.  He also had perfect baseline help defense earlier in the game which caused a turnover.  I like the kid's game.  He's mean.  He's been coached well.  He wants to rebound.  I think he can score, too, if he gets some more time.  Friggin play him.