The Sky Didn't Fall Last Night...

1sdpad2

The sun is shining brightly this morning.  That was a bad game last night however we are still right where I thought we'd be record wise coming into the year. The team should be able to turn the ship in the right direction with two wins at home this week.  9-3 non conference and 9-9 conference is still within reach.  That should be enough to get us to the tournament since we will be have to beat some good Big 10 teams in conference to be .500.  There are some things to be concerned about right now.  We have some good coaches that should help the team move on.  All is not lost.  We will have plenty of opportunities to beat some good teams coming up.  There is work to do, and I think the boys will be up to it.  I don't think Rhode Island or Creighton losses will look all that bad at the end of the year.  It looks like they both will be around the 50s RPI wise.  They are frustrating losses as it appears we have the pieces in place to be better than those two teams but are not executing very well right now.  Even how frustrating we've been, we've been in every game save for the last few minutes of Creighton so far.  Now go get two wins this week.  A Cincy and Wichita St win will more than atone for the two loses we have so far.    I still think we are 9-3 after non conference schedule is done.

most people have already forgotten that we started out 9-9 last year....

Not advisable if NU wishes to dance again this March...

I'm just pointing out that we've been through a lot worse than where we are now.

11 more games and we'll see where we stand. Mind you, it has only been 2 losses, but those losses have given opponents some very good film to exploit our weak points.

most people have already forgotten that we started out 9-9 last year....

Not advisable if NU wishes to dance again this March...

I'm just pointing out that we've been through a lot worse than where we are now.

Miles has even stated that he wasn't sure NU just got hot at the right time, or they're good. Don't really want to see the same scenario play out again. It would be highly improbable for the Huskers to win 10 out of 12 to end the regular season occurring twice after extremely slow starts...

We don't win most of those 10 games last years without Walt's outside shooting.  He had some HUGE three's in the Wisconsin game at the most important times.  We have got to get him going and playing like himself.  If his shot isn't falling, then he has to contribute in other ways to justify being out there over Moses.

What's interesting to me is how some fans are handling the loss. Some say it's not that big of a deal and we aren't that good of a team and it's all part of rebuilding Nebrasketball while taking shots at Chicken Littles. Others say it's embarrassing and we were an NCAA Tournament team bringing back 90% of its production from a year ago. Both camps will say they're just being "realists."

Frankly, I think those "accepting" yesterday's loss as "just one of those games" have a loser's mentality. Miles and Co. raised the bar last year. You should too. Nebraska has a long history of disappointing fans in a major way. Miles says don't put that crap on him. Well, don't put that crap on yourselves either. Even if last year was simply catching lightning in a bottle, we have two of the best players in the Big Ten in our starting lineup. That alone should be enough to beat Incarnate Word at home.

What's interesting to me is how some fans are handling the loss. Some say it's not that big of a deal and we aren't that good of a team and it's all part of rebuilding Nebrasketball while taking shots at Chicken Littles. Others say it's embarrassing and we were an NCAA Tournament team bringing back 90% of its production from a year ago. Both camps will say they're just being "realists."

Frankly, I think those "accepting" yesterday's loss as "just one of those games" have a loser's mentality. Miles and Co. raised the bar last year. You should too. Nebraska has a long history of disappointing fans in a major way. Miles says don't put that crap on him. Well, don't put that crap on yourselves either. Even if last year was simply catching lightning in a bottle, we have two of the best players in the Big Ten in our starting lineup. That alone should be enough to beat Incarnate Word at home.

Well, OK, here we go with the whole "loser's mentality" BS.  Where did you pick up that terminology, BTW?  Do you post on another board under a different handle?

If you think saying "Relax, guys" amounts to "taking shots at Chicken Littles" you have some mighty thin skin.

What's interesting to me is how some fans are handling the loss. Some say it's not that big of a deal and we aren't that good of a team and it's all part of rebuilding Nebrasketball while taking shots at Chicken Littles. Others say it's embarrassing and we were an NCAA Tournament team bringing back 90% of its production from a year ago. Both camps will say they're just being "realists."Frankly, I think those "accepting" yesterday's loss as "just one of those games" have a loser's mentality. Miles and Co. raised the bar last year. You should too. Nebraska has a long history of disappointing fans in a major way. Miles says don't put that crap on him. Well, don't put that crap on yourselves either. Even if last year was simply catching lightning in a bottle, we have two of the best players in the Big Ten in our starting lineup. That alone should be enough to beat Incarnate Word at home.

Well, OK, here we go with the whole "loser's mentality" BS.  Where did you pick up that terminology, BTW?  Do you post on another board under a different handle?

If you think saying "Relax, guys" amounts to "taking shots at Chicken Littles" you have some mighty thin skin.

Sorry if you disagree about the loser's mentality, but accepting yesterday's loss as "OK" or "these games happen" is a loser's mentality. Point blank. Period. And, no, I don't post on another board. As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY Nebraska basketball message board worth lurking at, let alone posting at.

When I mentioned the "taking shots at Chicken Littles" it wasn't with your comment in mind. It was in other threads where people were making light of pieces of the sky falling, etc. Frankly, yesterday is exactly the type of loss that should cause panic. Let's be honest, it's a culmination of the entirety of our season to date. We've stunk. Yeah, we have a flawed roster, but so does Rhode Island, Creighton and Incarnate Word. We absolutely should not lose two out of three, let alone all three.