The crowd was PATHETIC!

PimpMario

I expected we would never duplicate the Wisconsin atmosphere, I was expecting 50 to 75% of that and it wasn't close.  The fans were in "show me" mode the entire game and modeled the spoiled fans at football games that are supposed to be the "greatest fans in America" 

The exiting down to the floor when you leave early is totally stupid.  If you were leaving a show, class, church service or anything else early you would not walk towards the front, be a distraction, and then leave.  The university could solve this problem easily I would think.

The loss is on the players and coached, but man our fans (and those of many other sports teams) are an entitled bunch.

I know all lot of students couldnt get properly "ready" for this game as it is was the Sunday night before dead week. And what they mean by dead week is everyone give your last test week. I know 3 of the 5 people I was with had tests today. I'm hoping that the PBA will once again be the home court advantage it was last year. Didn't seem like it was really that much of an advantage last night and it just seemed very emotionless for a nebraska creighton game

It made me laugh the person in the 200/300 section yelling while it was quiet in the arena for people in the 100 section to stand up. Like what are you gonna do one person the only thing your going to do is lose your voice not make people stand up 

I'm 90% sure you are referring to the person sitting in section 216, row 1 two seats down from me. Man that guy was annoying. Intense, which is good. But annoying.

It made me laugh the person in the 200/300 section yelling while it was quiet in the arena for people in the 100 section to stand up. Like what are you gonna do one person the only thing your going to do is lose your voice not make people stand up 

I'm 90% sure you are referring to the person sitting in section 216, row 1 two seats down from me. Man that guy was annoying. Intense, which is good. But annoying.

My tickets are in 114 so thats probably the person. 

Sad to hear that the crowd was full of blue hairs....

The team didnt seem to get behind the "no sit sunday" thing, so that didnt help.

Hopefully they will try it again, but fans need to just cheer loud instead of playing the  "give me something to cheer about".

Last nights game as a whole was about as frustrating as they come.

I know all lot of students couldnt get properly "ready" for this game as it is was the Sunday night before dead week. And what they mean by dead week is everyone give your last test week. I know 3 of the 5 people I was with had tests today. I'm hoping that the PBA will once again be the home court advantage it was last year. Didn't seem like it was really that much of an advantage last night and it just seemed very emotionless for a nebraska creighton game

"Dead" Week is the biggest fucking joke. Cram in every last minute assignment and test into 3 days because fuck you that's why Week is way more descriptive.

Edit: I'd rather discuss this than the game. :(

Were those 2 guys, one of which wears a cowboy hat and the other a full bodied red leotard, that are usually running from the student section to distract opposing foul shooters at the game?

If not, I blame them for all the open looks the CU got from behind the arc.   

I don't think they were there.  I think that was one of the very few NU athletic events the dude in the full red leotard has missed.  I thought of this last night, and I told my wife I blame him.  :) 

Crowd was pretty good at times, but certainly got tired at times. I didn't think it was going to be close to the Wisconsin atmosphere simply because of the stakes on the line at the time.  Sometimes the team / crowd feed off each other.  Thought it would've exploded after Petteway's dunks, but the team just couldn't sustain anything.  

I felt the crowd kind of lost it ummp when we had a break and Terran missed a three on a semi- fastbreak. Crowd would have come unglued if he would have it that, also that is when Creighton kind of said to itself we are okay we can play with these guys.

Like against Wisconsin, Terran hit that three and they had to call time out and I think that is the loudest place I have ever been in. If he would have hit that I think we run them out of the gym, but...

Let's be honest. We're still in our non-conference schedule. Our 'fans' never really did show up to support the team until we started winning some games in conference play. I'd imagine it will be similar this year too. It takes time.

This is not true.  I went to the Mich game and OSU game last year and the crowd was solid.  And we were 0-4 in Big 10 play heading into the battle vs the Buckeyes. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the Chiefs-chargers yesterday. It was not a good day for a Chargers fan. I was really impressed with the kc crowd. I would really like that kind of environment at pinnacle bank arena . Obviously, the wisky environment last year would be great to have all the time, but it's not going to happen. Just some simple things like that annoying "for a Kansas city first down". I had nightmares with that phrase last night. We really need to get some atmosphere that is intimidating. That certainly would have helped to avoid that incarnate word loss. I know many have commented on this, but the Chiefs fans impressed me at my first nfl game. Hopefully one of these years we can get something started. Husker power is a good start.

I went to the Chiefs-chargers yesterday. It was not a good day for a Chargers fan. I was really impressed with the kc crowd. I would really like that kind of environment at pinnacle bank arena . Obviously, the wisky environment last year would be great to have all the time, but it's not going to happen. Just some simple things like that annoying "for a Kansas city first down". I had nightmares with that phrase last night. We really need to get some atmosphere that is intimidating. That certainly would have helped to avoid that incarnate word loss. I know many have commented on this, but the Chiefs fans impressed me at my first nfl game. Hopefully one of these years we can get something started. Husker power is a good start.

We are trying...but we are kind of the new kids on the block.  If you think KC Chiefs fans got it going, you should attend a game at Allen Field House...

I've been there too. I was comparing kc as they aren't anything special, but still hAve a great environment.

Cool.  There are a lot of enviornments better than ours.  Some are much smaller and oftentimes a bandbox will sound much louder than an open arena like ours.  That said, I agree whole heartedly that we have to continue to work hard on building a basketball enviornment.  Are crowd tends to react to the team, if we are playing well, the intensity at the vault escalates.  But, when we are playing poorly, the crowd tends to sit on their collective hands. 

The crowd needs to understand that our activity will help jump start a pedestrian performance.  We need to be up, loud and disruptive in a nice sort of way :)