Game on tv for sure tonight?

ajb5856

Hey Cell,

We had somebody on here that thinks Tai should transfer from Nebraska because we are ruining him, what do you think or hear?

I saw that and I'm sure that guy is from New Zealand. I think that some people in NZ would assume that Tai should be playing and particularly scoring alot better than he is based upon how he played before he went to Nebraska. It's very easy to blame a coach or a system for this.

I think maybe there is merit in the idea that had he gone to a smaller school (eg Hawaii) he would have been a primary option and this would benefit his game. I think however in the long term playing in the higher level environment and having greater daily competition will make his draft stock higher than being a star at a smaller school.

I like the idea of bringing Tai off the bench, it should allow him to play his natural game a little more and this will allow him to transition into a greater role once Terran/Shavon/Walt leave.

Long story short, I don't think there is any need for Tai to panic and transfer. It will take time, he has had so many adjustments to make that it would be stupid to think it was all going to go right as a freshman.

Hey Cell,

We had somebody on here that thinks Tai should transfer from Nebraska because we are ruining him, what do you think or hear?

I saw that and I'm sure that guy is from New Zealand. I think that some people in NZ would assume that Tai should be playing and particularly scoring alot better than he is based upon how he played before he went to Nebraska. It's very easy to blame a coach or a system for this.

I think maybe there is merit in the idea that had he gone to a smaller school (eg Hawaii) he would have been a primary option and this would benefit his game. I think however in the long term playing in the higher level environment and having greater daily competition will make his draft stock higher than being a star at a smaller school.

I like the idea of bringing Tai off the bench, it should allow him to play his natural game a little more and this will allow him to transition into a greater role once Terran/Shavon/Walt leave.

Long story short, I don't think there is any need for Tai to panic and transfer. It will take time, he has had so many adjustments to make that it would be stupid to think it was all going to go right as a freshman.

Also like Kamdy pointed out when he comes off the bench he becomes the #1 or 2 scoring threat, not the 3 or 4th that he is when he starts.

DId everyone enjoy the minute or so of the Rutgers-Clemson announcers prior to the half of their ballgame DURING the Nebraska-FSU telecast?!... Brutal by ESPN hacks asleep at the wheel.

I had Kent and Matt on so I didn't hear it.

But I have it on DVR for posterity!  :lol:   (It will be interesting listening to the commentary from the ESPN standpoint)

DId everyone enjoy the minute or so of the Rutgers-Clemson announcers prior to the half of their ballgame DURING the Nebraska-FSU telecast?!... Brutal by ESPN hacks asleep at the wheel.

What'd those homers have to say? ;) .... Seriously, though, I'm curious...

And, FWIW, the ESPN guys were lacking in meaningful commentary... but, I guess they probably do a hundred games, so umm yeah...

And, FWIW, the ESPN guys were lacking in meaningful commentary... but, I guess they probably do a hundred games, so umm yeah...

Matt was fairly livid at during the aftershow as we had to alter our lineup due to foul trouble/foul outs

Matt was fairly livid at during the aftershow as we had to alter our lineup due to foul trouble/foul outs

I'd imagine Matty D might be the type of guy to seek out ol' King Karl & 'give him the business' (verbally) so to speak... ;)