OWH...Prepare like they are a tough team

dskurz

I think we see Ray's hops and get that confused with handles. He reminds me of a poor homeless man's Ray Allen. I want him spotting up and coming off screens but when he decides to drive turnovers ahoy. Talley has been good at handling the ball and making something happen in the last ten of the shot until last game.

That's a good comparison. He is really a catch and shoot kinda guy. I know he can drive, but he probably will only do it if there is a completely wide open lane to get a lay up.

I think we see Ray's hops and get that confused with handles. He reminds me of a poor homeless man's Ray Allen. I want him spotting up and coming off screens but when he decides to drive turnovers ahoy. Talley has been good at handling the ball and making something happen in the last ten of the shot until last game.

I disagree. I think it is essential that Ray develop his ability to drive into the lane. Opposing coaches are going to scout him as a spot up shooter and try to take that away. Developing the ability to drive would open up a lot of opportunities for him. Plus, Ray has great hops--he can really get up. Not the greatest handle ever, but I believe he can handle it at least as well as guys like Talley or Rivers. No reason he can't penetrate and finish at least a few times a game.

Ray is a quick jumper as well as having excellent lift. In addition to his improved "3" ball, IF he has also worked upon and improved upon his pull-up jumper from 10-12 feet, he will be tough to defend. There were a lot of doubters regarding Ray before the start of the year...perhaps rightly so. But he looks to be a much better player than he was as a freshman and sophomore. A redshirt year and maturity can have that affect. Let's hope that his mojo has turned into confidence and he can be a major playa for us over the next two years.

Ray is a quick jumper as well as having excellent lift.

There was a break away towards the end of the USC game where he and I think Talley were coming down the court on a 2 on 1. If that ball could have been flipped up there I'm pretty sure he would have destroyed the Devaney.

He reminds me of Ben Gordon. Smaller catch and shoot guy, but you don't want him trying to do too much with the ball.

There was a break away towards the end of the USC game where he and I think Talley were coming down the court on a 2 on 1. If that ball could have been flipped up there I'm pretty sure he would have destroyed the Devaney.

It was Talley with the ball, and Rey was running the court on that one, I'm pretty sure.

But, yeah, I was thinking the same thing, and you KNOW if it was Spencer with the rock that's exactly what he would have done. That was one thing he brought to the table (the ability to make that perfect alley-oop pass) that I really wish we still had this year.