OWH...Prepare like they are a tough team

dskurz

//m.omaha.com/om/db_90933/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DcLI0DSR

"Going into Nebraska, we're going to prepare like they're a tough team to play."

Nice little jab by Mr. Jones. Time to show him we are.

Can you imagine if a Nebraska player said this about Creighton in about...any sport? The crybaby Jays would need a few tissue boxes so they didn't get tears on their sweater vests.

Well nothing he said isn't correct. We aren't very good guys. We are overachieving and hopefully can continue to do so. But Creighton playing their best game, and us playing ours it won't be close. That being said, I think we have more will to win than they do, are WAY more willing to do the little things than they are(like play defense). We are better at muddying the waters than they are. Not sure that will be enough. Someone is going to have to get a blistering hot hand. Those guys are obviously Talley and or Rey.

Well nothing he said isn't correct. We aren't very good guys. We are overachieving and hopefully can continue to do so. But Creighton playing their best game, and us playing ours it won't be close. That being said, I think we have more will to win than they do, are WAY more willing to do the little things than they are(like play defense). We are better at muddying the waters than they are. Not sure that will be enough. Someone is going to have to get a blistering hot hand. Those guys are obviously Talley and or Rey.

Well said. It will take our A-game to beat their C-game, but some of the intangibles might make that possible. Going to be tough for Rey to stay red hot 3 games in a row - I'm sure they'll be hounding him. Could use big games from Andre and Talley, a usual solid game from Ubel, and a surprise performance from someone. Not saying it has to be huge... but 8 points from Shields or Peltz (maybe he's been waiting for this opportunity to shoot?), or 10 and 8 from Rivers... Gosh we don't have many other "surprise potentials"...

//m.omaha.com/om/db_90933/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DcLI0DSR

"Going into Nebraska, we're going to prepare like they're a tough team to play."

Nice little jab by Mr. Jones. Time to show him we are.

This is the kind of crap that Bluejay fans post about for two weeks. Me, whatever. We'll likely lose, but one thing is for sure, our guys will play damn hard and they won't give up until the final horn. I'm excited to watch. The general consensus among Creighton fans is that if they show up, they'll win by 30+. If they don't show up, they'll only win by 10-20.

Talley could have 30 this game. That's how poor Creighton is at defending good scoring guards. He might have to have 30 too if we want to win.

Is Talley a good scoring guard though? I guess I haven't been all that impressed with him this year. I think he has the potential, but he seems to force alot of shots. What we need is for Rey to also drive to the hoop along with being an outside presence. Creighton's doesn't have anybody on their team that is as athletic as Gallegos.

Is Talley a good scoring guard though? I guess I haven't been all that impressed with him this year. I think he has the potential, but he seems to force alot of shots. What we need is for Rey to also drive to the hoop along with being an outside presence. Creighton's doesn't have anybody on their team that is as athletic as Gallegos.

By good scoring guard, I mean guys who can create their own shots. Creighton can't defend guys who drive and create their own shots. Talley is the only player on our roster that I've seen that can do this. Gallegos COULD I think, but 45 of his 67 shot attempts this season are three pointers. He's only made 12 two pointers all season. Talley had 8 in one game against Kent State. I agree, Ray needs to do that on Thursday. He can't settle for three pointers all game (unless he is making them all). But I think Talley is our best option to take the ball to the hoop. If he kicks it out to Ray for open threes, that works too. If he scores, that works too. Talley sucked against Creighton last year. I think it will be much different this year.

Someone needs to knock McDermott on his a**. Hopefully El Grande' Andre, that's the picture I want Mr. Pavelka to paint.

I'd sure love Andre to stay out of foul trouble, but I don't see that happening. But if he gets fouls, I sure hope he gets his money's worth.

Uh no, not like that. Who have you seen here crying and bitching? Most peopel here think it is good thing for us that he said that. I don't see people getting bent out of shape like the sweater vesters. I am sure you are not one of those types though. Generally those that are so threatened that they need to troll on message boards, probably aren't the type that cry right?

You mean like creating a thread on a message board complaining about it? ;)

You mean like creating a thread on a message board complaining about it? ;)

You're right...Creighton fans like you doublejay/attyalum would have just cried about it on twitter in between tweeting at mid-level recruits begging them to come to Creighton or retweeting what Will Artino had for breakfast. I don't have any problem with what Jones said...he's correct. But like I said, if any Husker player/coach threw a jab at Creighton...the Jays fans cry a river.

Blue sweater vests and soccer scarves! I'm up in row 23 of C section so there's usually a sweater vest/soccer scarf infestation up there surrounding me. Can't wait for this game. What we've got here is a cellar team in the Big 10 faces off against a final 4-caliber Creighton squad (according to their fans and Clark Kellogg). So I can't wait to clap extra loud in their ears and dance in the aisles when we crush their hearts.

I cannot believe I actually went over there and read that nonsense. Tom continuing to make an ass of himself. Nebraska didn't want the game televised, lol. You cannot make this stuff up.

Holy Crap! Hilarious thread. I had no idea I irk them that much that they seem almost paranoid. Also a perfect post for this thread as Creighton fans are still crying over something so small months later. And they made shirts about it!

I think we see Ray's hops and get that confused with handles. He reminds me of a poor homeless man's Ray Allen. I want him spotting up and coming off screens but when he decides to drive turnovers ahoy. Talley has been good at handling the ball and making something happen in the last ten of the shot until last game.