Akoy

TourneyBound

"...ESPN Top 50 Prospect Akoy Agau (6’9 – 2013 – Omaha Central HS) were on air to talk Akoy’s work in the gym, recruiting, college hoops, and much much more. Agau, who seemingly holds offer from every major team in the Country, is looking to narrow his list over the next few months..."

I guess one could make the assumption that Akoy is not getting good coaching from the staff in Louisville.  The kid was a top 50 prospect according to many experts.  That would tell me that he is a can't miss prospect.  Well, he is missing in action.  I suppose injuries could play a role, perhaps too, players that are better than Akoy are playing in front of him.

I've watched them twice and I figured he might get a few minutes, but he didn't get any vs MIN or Marshall.  I get why he's not playing (good players in front of him), but I don't get why they aren't gonna redshirt him?  Pitino has a few more wins than I do, so he probably knows what he's doing.

There were people who questioned his rating at the time because he wasn't filling the stat sheet at Central. I guess this sort of vindicates those people who doubted.

The same question people have about Patton and his rating.  At least for him he's going to a school that doesnt recruit studs like louisville does giving him more of a chance.

There were people who questioned his rating at the time because he wasn't filling the stat sheet at Central. I guess this sort of vindicates those people who doubted.

The same question people have about Patton and his rating.  At least for him he's going to a school that doesnt recruit studs like louisville does giving him more of a chance.

That is an apt comparison...But I believe Akoy would have been an impact player/ major piece at either UNL or CU - it's really quite sad to see him waste his time at a school where he's not making any progress in cracking the rotation. Maybe that changes sometime this season but it seems unlikely. 

On Justin Patton, him and Akoy seem to be similar stories on the surface. Both are/were raw post players in HS who had lots of natural talent. I would be very disappointed if JP didn't have a better 4 year basketball career at CU than Akoy did at Louisville

You can't blame him for wanting to go to Louisville. Gets to be on a successful team, a legendary coach, and a system that you think would translate to his skill set.

However just like when Matt Hill went to Texas, Louisville is going to bring in top notch talent at the same position each year.  By not carving out a niche early, he got left behind.

The rumors of him transfering to Nebraska will be there, but I don't see it. I've said for the longest time that I think he'll transfer back to UNO. Allow him to go to a place where he can play right away and have the best success.

I was surprised that he was rated as high as he was when he was a senior. He was a good shot blocker, but he struggled so much offensively. He couldn't score with his back to the basket and didn't have a jump shot.