Explanation of Nebraska-Creighton not on TV

hhcmatt

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-creighton-game-won-t-be-televised/article_db93d9df-9122-5360-b8cd-037e5c7df8ba.html

Basically BTN has first rights

ESPN has second rights

NET other has third rights

BTN passed and of course ESPN picked it up and won't give NET or any local stations any rights.

From the article

That’s why the Big Ten wouldn’t budge when Nebraska officials repeatedly asked that the game be televised at least statewide.

“We came up against a brick wall,” Nebraska associate athletic director Marc Boehm said, noting the Big Ten’s television contract is non-negotiable.

This is also the same case with the Minnesota-SDSU game tonight.

Thus, if your theory is still that

• Nebraska doesn't want this game shown on TV
  • The BiG 10 doesn't want to let South Dakota State and Creighton to get too much pub
  • there is a giant conspiracy to try and stop your favorite sports team from succeeding

you might want to unplug for a bit and go outside. ;)

This just bugs me. I want nothing more than to be at the game , but just can't make it Thursday and now I can only resort to radio is just a joke ! Thanks Alot espn

Just think of your mind as a blank canvass and Kent Pavelka as the artist.

Helps ease the pain, huh?........ ;)

If that doesn't work, whiskey and a Nyquil chaser should do the trick.......

Just think of your mind as a blank canvass and Kent Pavelka as the artist.

Helps ease the pain, huh?........ ;)

If that doesn't work, whiskey and a Nyquil chaser should do the trick.......

Don't forget to follow that up with a nice piping hot cup of Sapp Bros. coffee! Things tend to get real interesting that way!

Here's how you can watch this or any other ESPN3 game on your TV.

1). Have access to ESPN3 (Time Warner customers - of which I am one - have it) contact your cable company to find out if you do, too and how to get it set up. Additionally, if you are connected to a University network you will automatically be able to use ESPN3.com (I've used VPN from home to the University where I work to hack this before Time Warner added ESPN3 for their internet customers.)

2). Have an iPad or iPhone with the WatchESPN app installed.

3). Have a 2nd or 3rd generation (hockey puck) AppleTV connected to your television.

Change your TV input to the AppleTV, then start the WatchESPN app on your iPad or iPhone, select the game you want to watch and once it starts playing change your AirPlay option on the video stream to send the video to the AppleTV. Viola! You are watching the game on your television.

I'm testing this out right now for the Minnesota/SDSU game and it's working like a charm.

=============

Optionally, you can use a Mac running the very latest operating system to send video streams from your web browser (which will be on ESPN3.com) to AppleTV, but I don't have this and so I haven't tested to confirm it works. Here's more information on AirPlay mirroring in Mac OS X Mountain Lion: http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

Here's how you can watch this or any other ESPN3 game on your TV.

1). Have access to ESPN3 (Time Warner customers - of which I am one - have it) contact your cable company to find out if you do, too and how to get it set up. Additionally, if you are connected to a University network you will automatically be able to use ESPN3.com (I've used VPN from home to the University where I work to hack this before Time Warner added ESPN3 for their internet customers.)

2). Have an iPad or iPhone with the WatchESPN app installed.

3). Have a 2nd or 3rd generation (hockey puck) AppleTV connected to your television.

Change your TV input to the AppleTV, then start the WatchESPN app on your iPad or iPhone, select the game you want to watch and once it starts playing change your AirPlay option on the video stream to send the video to the AppleTV. Viola! You are watching the game on your television.

I'm testing this out right now for the Minnesota/SDSU game and it's working like a charm.

=============

Optionally, you can use a Mac running the very latest operating system to send video streams from your web browser (which will be on ESPN3.com) to AppleTV, but I don't have this and so I haven't tested to confirm it works. Here's more information on AirPlay mirroring in Mac OS X Mountain Lion: http://support.apple...US&locale=en_US

I have an iPhone but have charter communications and just my luck , they don't allow it :(

They better not black it out on mobile devices. Sometimes when I try to watch games on the watchespn app on my phone they are blacked out, although mostly I think it was nfl type blackouts. I assume this will not be one of those times, but I still don't understand the need for phone blackouts if it isn't blacked out on your computer. Sadly I will be at work during the game so I can't really record it or use a computer.

as someone with an outside perspective, i guess i can speak to this a little... I can tell you, outside the state borders, no one cares about this game nationally, especially the further you get away from this area. In fact, no one knows this is a rivalry, or that we even play each other really for that matter. So there's that consideration I guess, but it is hard to understand why they would neglect showing a ranked opponent who will likely do big things in postseason, when you consider they show teams like Ohio State a million times against schools you didn't even know had basketball. My best guess is they got scared about showing a potential blowout against a big ten product on the conference's platform, especially when considering the way they destroyed iowa last year on BTN, and the fact that hoops games are decided before the season starts, unlike football games which are made as the season goes along

They better not black it out on mobile devices. Sometimes when I try to watch games on the watchespn app on my phone they are blacked out, although mostly I think it was nfl type blackouts. I assume this will not be one of those times, but I still don't understand the need for phone blackouts if it isn't blacked out on your computer. Sadly I will be at work during the game so I can't really record it or use a computer.

At least you get it. Stupid Cox doesn't let me use watchespn OR BTN2Go and the Stupid Homeowners Association won't let us get Satelite.