2 Gripes

Row6Seat10

From this morning's Ask the editor, in the Journal Star:

I wonder if loyal UNL women’s basketball season ticketholders noticed what the ticket office has done this year regarding two issues adding insult to injury.

First, the injury aspect. As a result of a “design flaw,” fans sitting near the court had to be moved back one row. Moving everyone in two sections back one row resulted in displacing persons with physical disabilities who had chosen particular seats last year to accommodate their specific needs. Under the guise of treating everyone equally by forcing the move, the ticket office demonstrated that they are either extremely naive of the needs of the physically disabled or have yet to receive adequate in-service training to understand the necessity for accommodations. The excuse of treating everyone equally resulted in a number of fans with disabilities being involuntarily moved despite pleading their cases personally to the leadership at the ticket office.

Second, the insult facet. When season tickets arrive, there are a number of things that immediately catch the eye. There is no single picture of a player. For the players and specifically the seniors on the squad, it appears that the ticket office chose not to honor them with pictures, except for their butts, on the tickets.

When removing tickets from the perforated sheet, the individual tickets for games two, three and four show a display of the derrieres of Nebraska players in a huddle. Who made this offensive decision? Game five is just black. Games six through 10 show the court. Games 11-15 show cheerleaders, and Games 16 and 17 show the Big Ten trophy.

Couldn't they have done better in both of these instances?

Michael L. Baker, Lincoln

I'm not really sure what this guy's getting at. I consider myself a long time loyal season ticket holder and in response to his first gripe the ticket office notified all ticket holders why they had to be moved. I was one of them. Regarding the second gripe, I as long as I get through the door I could care less whats printed on them.

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letter-ticket-office-fails/article_0737703f-6ead-5d17-86fb-73a33703f358.html

"Second, the insult facet. When season tickets arrive, there are a number of things that immediately catch the eye. There is no single picture of a player. For the players and specifically the seniors on the squad, it appears that the ticket office chose not to honor them with pictures, except for their butts, on the tickets."

I agree.  It would have been much better to do this with the volleyball team instead.  Something about gym shorts just doesn't capture the contours of a woman's buttocks the way spandex does.   I guess I'll just have to deal with the outrage.  -_-