OK, now that we Tai'd one N ...

Norm Peterson

I would think we would need to get another big man. Even if Sergej is going to start, the only other big man that could even play the 5 would be Kye. I would much rather see Pitchford at the 4. Hopefully we can get someone whether it be the JUCO route or possibly another recruit. Atewe is a guy that would be a great get but I think he is more of a 4.

Ideally, I'd like to see us nab the 2nd coming of Derrick Chandler. Yeah. 6'10". Strong and quick. A little mean. Long arms. Great ups. Sweet turn-around J. And loved to block shots.

With a guy like that, you could afford rotating in a 6'6" athlete like Petteway as a PF.

The roster for the coming year is a bit odd right now. Granted, we have potentially two more spots, but for the 11 players signed or here already, we look like ...

5'9" PG

6'0" PG

6'2" G

6'3" G

6'5" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'7" Wing

6'9" PF

7'0" C

Seems like a glut of guys at the wing position.

(edited to add another 6'2" guard. I was one short.)

Ideally, I'd like to see us nab the 2nd coming of Derrick Chandler. Yeah. 6'10". Strong and quick. A little mean. Long arms. Great ups. Sweet turn-around J. And loved to block shots.

With a guy like that, you could afford rotating in a 6'6" athlete like Petteway as a PF.

The roster for the coming year is a bit odd right now. Granted, we have potentially two more spots, but for the 11 players signed or here already, we look like ...

5'9" PG

6'0" PG

6'3" G

6'5" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'6" Wing

6'7" Wing

6'9" PF

7'0" C

Seems like a glut of guys at the wing position.

I know that miles likes his wings, but didn't realize that it was that many. I can see rivers and fuller being stretch 4's next year again and miles will play 3 guards. Hopefully he adds a big or two with the last available schollies. I'm up in the air whether or not to sign 2 big men this year or just use one and save the other.

Personally, I love the glut of wings. We can create match-up problems all over the place. Sure we need another big a team that is long a verstatile all over the place will work just fine.

I think someone else suggested the possibility of one of those graduate transfers. That might actually work if we leave a spot open and if there's someone graduating with an extra year of eligibility available. But those two factors would have to come together in a player we would want and who would want to be here. Them's long odds. But if that happened, it would be like having your cake and eating it too. We'd basically be able to hold the spot open for another 2014 recruit while filling our roster for the current season with a senior who will be one-and-done. Like the Louisville transfer who's playing for Northwestern this year. And playing well, last I checked.

I think someone else suggested the possibility of one of those graduate transfers. That might actually work if we leave a spot open and if there's someone graduating with an extra year of eligibility available. But those two factors would have to come together in a player we would want and who would want to be here. Them's long odds. But if that happened, it would be like having your cake and eating it too. We'd basically be able to hold the spot open for another 2014 recruit while filling our roster for the current season with a senior who will be one-and-done. Like the Louisville transfer who's playing for Northwestern this year. And playing well, last I checked.

We'd have to have some real connections to get a graduate transfer who is worth anything. Most of those players (that are any good) have one year to play, and would like to go somewhere where they can win in that year. Or somewhere where they can begin post-grad schooling. We don't have much to offer in either of those categories.

Not that I don't think we'll have a good team next year... it'd just be tough to convince a decent transfer that we will after finishing (likely) in the bottom three of the B1G.