The History Of Husker Hoops Central

hhcdave

Great to hear from you Dave. That 90-91 reunion at P.O.Pears was undoubtedly one of the all time highlights of NU basketball history for those of us fortunate enough to be there. Where are you hanging out now, if you care to share that. Best wishes and thanks for providing the history for both us oldtimers and the newbies who have no inkling of the early days. And ,by the way, who was your favorite interview of all time?

I have to admit Dave, I would have forgotten most of the original content etc...thanks for the recap and thanks again for getting the ball rolling.  Dimes, huge praise for continuing to keep the ball rolling (and to the guys in between Dave and Dimes).  And then thanks to the 10-20 posters who are the "large volume" guys who keep the site exciting and informative and going as well.  Of course thanks to everybody's else for their needed 2 cents as well to fill in the gaps....gotta have us role players too.

Thank you Dave for your passion and dedication to this website! This site has been my homepage since it started! I remember posting back on the old ESPN Big 12 basketball message boards. I vividly remember Sockers, nustudent, and some others posting there as well and some arguments about Joe McCray. I can't remember if you were there too to break the news that HHC was starting?? But thanks to everyone for making this site possible! Although I'm mostly a lurker....the discussions are incredible!

Anyway, content - articles - that's right - HHC once had DAILY ARTICLES YEAR 'ROUND. Maybe some of the real old posters remember that or Dimes or someone who knows how can go back and pull off screen shots from years passed.

Nowadays, Dimes is the one who runs this site. Its essentially 100% his. He does EVERYTHING. He has SAVED THIS SITE. SINGLE HANDEDLY. Scott and I help occasionally but anymore, its Dimes (as you know) and several others who have stepped up and kept this site going.

There has definitely been a change of focus. I'm not necessarily a media guy so I'm trying to do what I do which is aggregate. It's possible that we could get more into an interviewing/features mode again but that would require rounding up people with the talent for that.  Given the explosion of coverage out there it's possible that what we're currently doing is the best use of our time.

In the past like most everyone who is a member here I've been running under an alias.  It's sort of a message board thing to do but since I am sort of the local face of the site so I'm going to start switching that up in the near future.

Regardless of the future, the goals is to keep our finger on the pulse of Nebrasketball while keeping this a site that doesn't charge for access. 

Thanks for the recap Dave.  I was a huge fan of the "Then & Now", as I loved hearing what former players were up to.  I also forgot that Beau Reid wrote for the site.  This is a great website!  I greatly appreciate what all of you guys have contributed to this website over the years and hope this site will always be around.

I remember finding the site when I saw an ad for it in Avery Hall during my freshman year.  Because I saw it there, my handle was a bunch of different math-related names (Integral, Hermite Matrix, etc.).

It took people a while to figure out that it was me, particularly because I disguised myself by using the third person in a few posts... like when I missed a men's game due to a bus trip for the women's game.

I wonder what happened to McCrayzie/McDoc/McPissed/McStateSoccerChamps... he was one of my favorite posters.

I remember finding the site when I saw an ad for it in Avery Hall during my freshman year.  Because I saw it there, my handle was a bunch of different math-related names (Integral, Hermite Matrix, etc.).

It took people a while to figure out that it was me, particularly because I disguised myself by using the third person in a few posts... like when I missed a men's game due to a bus trip for the women's game.

I wonder what happened to McCrayzie/McDoc/McPissed/McStateSoccerChamps... he was one of my favorite posters.

He is up in Omaha after graduating from UNL.  He is married and has a couple of kids I believe...I may be wrong with that...His little brother is at UNL and has ties to the Husker basketball program.