Southwest Minnesota st exb game thread

hhcmatt

So, that was a pretty pedestrian performance by the #21 ranked team.  I expect a less than stellar report card after this one.

What's interesting about this game is that if you would've told me we'd score over 80 and win by 22, I would've said: Yep, that sounds about right. [Maybe I would've expected a bit higher differential in score, but 20 is indicative of a game squarely in control...]

But with that first half and some sloppy play, I read it much differently. That's not to say that I've become pessimistic about this season. But, we already saw some ways that being a little less focused can really hurt us. 

Okay, I'm done being crabby now.

Good job Huskers, coming out after halftime and playing like we expect you to and getting the win comfortably.  Positives for me to take away from this one:

-Shields.  Just like always, he's rock solid.

-Tai.  Came back with some mojo, good start to the season and now let's build on this

-Tarin.  Can't say too much without seeing him play but from what I hear on the radio, he's already proving he'll be a contributor this year

-Benny.  Benny's gonna Benny.  And that's a good thing.

Okay, I'm done being crabby now.

Good job Huskers, coming out after halftime and playing like we expect you to and getting the win comfortably.  Positives for me to take away from this one:

-Shields.  Just like always, he's rock solid.

-Tai.  Came back with some mojo, good start to the season and now let's build on this

-Tarin.  Can't say too much without seeing him play but from what I hear on the radio, he's already proving he'll be a contributor this year

-Benny.  Benny's gonna Benny.  And that's a good thing.

You sure it's not just the NyQuil typing?