Husker Practice Video 10/14/2014

hhcmatt

I agree with your takes Norm.

Tim realises that what are not going to be a high scoring team and thus he really stressed defense in 4 on 4 and 3 on 3. I also liked his demeanor and organization during practice. He's very even keel. I also like how there is really no down time in practice. Individual players only get a short rest between rotations. 

Tim made a point of going after Benny and TP specifically, and the returning scholarship players as a group. It was easy to tell that Tim wants the whole team to know that everybody is accountable, while at the same time preparing Benny and TP for their leadership roles. I was laughing when Tim was saying that Molinari was going to break a hip.

I'm not worried about TP at all. My HS football coach used to get after the captains all the time. I liked the teasing by Tim about TP being an old man. It was not a great practice for him offensively but defensively he looked at a lot better than he did last year. Is biggest problem last year was silly fouls.

He got after Moses for leaving his feet a couple of times in defense. Moses will likely be just a big body in the middle to gobble up rebounds. Anything we can get out of him on offense will be a bonus.

Smith was really impressive. He showed that he can run the court as well as play in the half court. By the time we reach BIG play he's going to be an impact player.

Tai almost looked like a different player and I'm not just referring to the high top fade he was sporting. He was a lot more confident and was making his shots. 

Benny was Benny. He's a lock down defender and serviceable on offense when he can get to the rim.

Nick Fuller was impressive as well. He was drilling 3's. I was especially impressed with his catch and shoot ability. 

Shavon just gets better and better every year. Looked smooth driving to the basket and was hitting 3's at a high rate.

Walter play some with his back to the basket and had a couple of nice post up moves.

I really wish I could see Hammond.  I think he'll play this year.  

He won't help us at all this year.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/09/nebraska-loses-freshman-forward-to-season-ending-knee-injury/

You linked an article for losing BJ Day.

Leonidas beat me by seconds lol

BUUUUT, speaking of post up moves, Walter showed something we haven't seen before.  Did anyone notice?

Are you referring to a little baby hook shot?  I swear I saw Walt with one of those during the post up moves, it was pretty smooth.  

In the 2-on-2 scrimmaging with the bigs, twice, Walt dribbled left, drop-stepped right to a fadeaway jumper from about 15 feet and he nailed them both over Moses.