Emily Cady

KarlHessEatMy....

Not sure yet where Em will show up in the draft but I do think someone will take a chance on her. If she has a goood season scoring wise, I'd think she would be a shoe in for the draft.  What might surprise you though is that in some mock drafts they have Teara' Laudermill as a first round pick. The following link has been doing mock drafts for quite awhile now. Not sure how credible they are but they do have Tee as a top round pick! I think they see her speed, defending ability and as of late her ability to score as their top reasons for being so high. 

http://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2015/

Not sure yet where Em will show up in the draft but I do think someone will take a chance on her. If she has a goood season scoring wise, I'd think she would be a shoe in for the draft.  What might surprise you though is that in some mock drafts they have Teara' Laudermill as a first round pick. The following link has been doing mock drafts for quite awhile now. Not sure how credible they are but they do have Tee as a top round pick! I think they see her speed, defending ability and as of late her ability to score as their top reasons for being so high. 

http://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2015/

In a lot of ways T make sense for pros. Her quickness and speed offensively is everything in WNBA...plus she can defend because of the same quickness and speed.

Might depend on how she can score this year ...consistently.  Her 3 shooting is an eye opener when she gets on a hot streak. If she can't score 10 ppg or so in pros, pretty much no player stays...particularly guards.

3 shooters get a place on the team, no matter the age group, mens or womens, etc etc

Cady...I quess we'll see how she does this year...kind of out of the shadow of Hoops.

She is probably a bit undersized for post play in WNBA. Not sure she has the floor game needed for pros. Hopefully she will get the chance to play more 4/power forward this year, and show she has more versatility on the court, since there should be more help inside this coming year.

If heart and determintion count for much...she's at the head of the class.

• 5 months later...

I think T might have a chance because of her speed, good D, and she worked on her jump shot this year.  Her speed is the main thing.  I think Cady is a bit undersized, but if she doesn't get drafted I'm sure she could play professionally overseas and do well.  It sounds like there is more money overseas for them anyway.

• 1 month later...