something personally odd i noticed

bobcat402

so during the past week ive watched ridiculous amounts of college basketball and noticed one thing, at the Michigan games, Notre Dame, Florida and few other teams in their student section were some of the members of the football team and i know this trivial given what kind success were having now but ive never seen huskers from the football team hanging out in ths student section. now if im mistaken someone please tell me ive never sat near the students so i could be wrong

Back in the 90's, there was an "athletes section" at basketball games, underneath the south hoop on the side opposite the bench. This was done away with after the 1999-2000 season, because as you mention, fewer and fewer athletes were showing up. But in the mid 90's, they were all there, all the time. I remember seeing Lawrence Phillips, Tommie Frazier, Brook Berringer, all those guys, at almost every game. When we win and its "cool" they'll be back.

There are always a handful of football players there. A few will sit in the athlete section (part of the student section on the B level) and usually you'll see one or two throughout the arena, usually with a smokin hot chic and half the time what appears to be said hot chic's parents. Those dad's seem more than happy to overlook their daughter being a jersey chaser when it means they get to be seen in their expensive seats with a starter on the football team.