Which Former Husker Would You Want on Your Roster This Year?

HuskerFever

With all this talk about potentially adding a new roster spot to some unannounced athlete, it got me thinking.

Of all of the former Nebrasketball athletes, which one(s) would you like to see return to this year's roster.

RULES:

(1) Eligibility regulations do not matter,

(2) It CANNOT be one of the 26 former players that have been drafted into the NBA, and

(3) Non-NBA athletes that play(ed) pro basketball internationally/domestically are fair game.

I would make this topic a poll, but the possibilities are endless. Ready, go!

(2) It CANNOT be one of the 26 former players that have been drafted into the NBA, and

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/draft.cgi?college=nebraska

Also, here are the 11 players with NBA playing time

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi?college=nebraska

Was Derrick Chandler drafted?

No

Dimes, that second link is pretty fascinating.  Makes for a pretty good trivia question: Eric Piatkowski played the most NBA games of any former Husker (789).  Can you name who played the second most?

I'm guessing most people wouldn't immediately get that answer.  Pretty amazing considering he wasn't even drafted.

Dimes, that second link is pretty fascinating.  Makes for a pretty good trivia question: Eric Piatkowski played the most NBA games of any former Husker (789).  Can you name who played the second most?

I'm guessing most people wouldn't immediately get that answer.  Pretty amazing considering he wasn't even drafted.

Ahem . . .Mikki Moore.

Ahem . . .Mikki Moore.

You're not most people! :)

Ahem . . .Mikki Moore.

You're not most people! :)

If not Moore what about Farmer?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/draft.cgi?college=nebraska

Also, here are the 11 players with NBA playing time

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi?college=nebraska

Was Derrick Chandler drafted?

No

Wasn't Bo Spencer drafted into the D- league?

Nice question, Fever.

Well, I think we need rebounding and defense underneath more than anything else, right?  And eliminating the draftees makes this a little harder.  Yet, we're talking Nebraska, right?  So how much of a handicap can that be :) ?

So Alecs Maric seems like a decent answer per above.  But I have to think back to an Al McGuire quote when he was watching a UCLA center (can't remember the name) and noting that the guy was a "Clydesdale among his Thouroughbred teammates".  Doesn't seem like Maric would be great at getting up and down the court in relation to the players we have now.

Claude Renfro was only 6-6, but he was a great defender and rebounder for Iba in the early 80s.

Maybe I can come up with a couple more.

EDIT - Chubick would be number 1 choice - then Maric and Renfro would be my #2 and 3.